Re: Can I uninstall game packs? (Sims 4)

by EA_Mai

Original Post

★★ Novice
Oh wait I just saw that you said you're not ea staff 😂 sorry about that
Message 11 of 27 (13,432 Views)

★★ Novice
if I uninstall it would I be able to get it back for free so I could play it if I get a better pc? Or would I be able to get a refund, yes I've had the pack for a few months but I didn't realise that I had to get a refund within a certain amount of days but the reason I left it a few months was I thought it was happening to everyone so I was waiting after a few bug patches. But it still does it. Now I'll tell you what I mean by it: so when I go to interact with a sim all of the interactions should pop up, right? But for me it takes so long! Whereas before I got the pack it should be there as soon as I click. But for the interactions to actually come up I have to click on the sim i want to interact with and wait. Then I would have to move my mouse away from the sim and click on the sim where it would pop up later! I find it so annoying. I hope that somebody can help me 😂 Xx
Message 12 of 27 (13,421 Views)

EA app Team

Hi@molishat05,

You can uninstall and install your games as many times as needed. So yes, if you uninstall the game now, you can install it again in a new computer without having to purchase it again. Just make sure not to forget your account details, as you will need to log in with the same EA Account in your new computer to download and play the game Wink

The issue you describe could also be related to mods. If you have mods installed in your game, have you tried to play without them? Check this article for more info: https://help.ea.com/en-us/help/the-sims/the-sims-4/mods-and-the-sims-4-game-updates/

Let us know if you have any more questions!

-Mai

Message 13 of 27 (13,410 Views)

★★★ Newbie

didn't work, no "little screen" popped up

Message 14 of 27 (13,236 Views)

EA app Team

Hi @davidwilming,

Origin has changed a little bit since @Phantomlover1717's first post. Take a look to this post instead: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Technical-Issues-PC/Can-I-uninstall-game-packs-Sims-4/m-p/6023067/highligh...

Please, let us know if you have any more questions, welcome to Answers HQ! Standard smile

-Mai

Message 15 of 27 (13,227 Views)

★★★ Newbie

How do you do it in Mac? 

Message 16 of 27 (12,959 Views)

@coolgirl0220

If you would like to uninstall an individual pack please follow the method below. Bear in mind that this is NOT a supported method and I have not tried this myself. It is based on removing the folders referenced in the PC method:

1. Right click on the Sims 4 in your Applications folder and select Show Package Contents
  2. Open the Contents folder in the Finder window that pops up.
  3. Move out the folder for the pack you want to uninstall. For example, if you want to uninstall the Vampire Game Pack you would remove the folder called GP04.
  4. Open the Delta folder and remove the same GP04 folder

Make sure you have automatic updates in Origin turned off before you do this otherwise the pack will reinstall next time you open Origin.

For a list of packs and their folder names see this article.

The Sims 3 Mac Forum - | - The Sims 4 Mac Forum -
- Clearing Origin cache - | - Mac specific TS4 issues -
AHQSigImage.png
Please do not PM me unless I ask you to, I won't reply
- I am not affiliated with EA in anyway -
Message 17 of 27 (12,977 Views)

★★★ Newbie
I was having the same problem. But when i hovered over 'the sims 4' there was no little screen that popped up. So what do i do?
Message 18 of 27 (12,873 Views)

Champion (Retired)

@blackorca292

Hi!
Like @EA_Mai said in an earlier post, this thread is old and origin has changed since the solution was posted. Check out this thread instead: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Technical-Issues-PC/Can-I-uninstall-game-packs-Sims-4/m-p/6023067/highligh...

Message 19 of 27 (12,864 Views)

★★★ Newbie
If I do this, will it delete all my progress in my game?
Message 20 of 27 (12,526 Views)