Re: after new patch FutureSims Lab equipment does not work

by LoneWatcher

Original Post

My sim can't create serums

★★ Novice

My sim can't create serums at work.  She is a level 10 in the scientist career track.  Any ideas?  She's been able to create serums in the past.

Message 31 of 47 (5,761 Views)

Re: My sim can't create serums

@BakerGeek merged with an existing topic about this, please have a look at the solution on the first page. 

----------------

Answers HQ Guardian

do not work for EA

Message 32 of 47 (5,750 Views)

Re: My sim can't create serums

★★ Novice

Thanks for the suggestion of quitting the career and joining it again!  I didn't even have to use a cheat to get back up to the same level.

Message 33 of 47 (5,719 Views)

Re: [OPEN] [GTW] Chemistry Lab broken

★★★★★ Novice

Worked like a charm.  Thank you.

Message 34 of 47 (5,709 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

@crinrict

In your workaround, as long as you are telling people to use cheats, you might want to provide a different solution which doesn't require leaving and rejoining the career:

Traits.equip_trait trait_Hidden_HasBeenScientist

The game added a new hidden trait, trait_Hidden_HasBeenScientist, to track if the sim is capable of creating serums. That trait is granted when the sim first enters the Scientist career, hence why the workaround works. But the only thing that should be required for the fix is granting the trait.

Caveat: I tested only the adding the trait part, as I don't have a previously existing sim in the Scientist career (and thus with the bug), but it should work.

Message 35 of 47 (5,675 Views)

Hero

Thank you for that solution.

That is good to know as there seem to be other problems with the science career that might have the same source.

I shall try on a game I have that has other issues.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 36 of 47 (5,672 Views)

Chemistry lab "synthesize serum" option vanished permanently.

★★★ Newbie

Chemistry lab "synthesize serum" option vanished permanently.

Has anyone else had this problem?

One of my Sims is high up in the Science career. She has always been able to synthesize serums at the Chemistry Lab. Few days ago I started playing and when I clicked on the chemistry lab the option to "synthesize serum" has disappeared. Since I go to work with her, I can still see the game requiring her to synthesize serums on a daily basis, but the option is just gone. I've tried everything.

1. Purchased new chemistry labs all over the game. No change.

2. Repaired game

3. cleared origin cache

4. lastly manually uninstalled and the reinstalled origin

No change. 

Message 37 of 47 (5,610 Views)

Re: Chemistry lab "synthesize serum" option vanished permanently.

Hero

Hi @enidversfeld

merged your thread with existing post.

See workaround in the solution post or suggestion by LoneWatcher a couple posts above.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 38 of 47 (5,598 Views)

★★★ Newbie
I have the same problem. I have no mods. I use cheats but that's it. Im hoping there is a solution soon. If the solution is another update please consider adding pets. Just a thought. 😉
Message 39 of 47 (5,580 Views)

★★★ Newbie
You can scratch my last post, the trait cheat brought it back. Thank you. Please still consider the pets.
Message 40 of 47 (5,580 Views)