[PARTLY FIXED] Can't bathe toddlers

by Daedrical

Original Post

Re: Sims won't take shower or bath soaks

★★★★ Apprentice

So sorry about not replying about my issue. The page drowned in all my other tabs in my browser. I don't have that game file any longer. But I found out that it is indeed because there is a baby on the lot. It happened on my other computer as well and there were babies on the lot.

Message 41 of 111 (6,447 Views)

[PARTLY FIXED] Can't bathe toddlers

[ Edited ]
★ Apprentice

I updated my game and have been playing just fine since the release but just a few hours ago, I opened up the game and my save and can't seem to bathe my toddlers.

My household consists of 2 adults, 1 teenager, 2 toddlers, and a baby. I've had both adults and teenager attempt to give either toddler a bath but no luck.

When I select them to give the toddler a bath, they put the toddler in the tub, but instead of washing and making the cleanliness bar raise, they immediately take them back out of the tub. I have no mods enabled, so that can't be an issue.

EDIT: 

I just tested it with another randomly made family and it works just fine. It seems it's only that one specific save having the problem.

Message 42 of 111 (14,436 Views)

Re: Can't bathe toddlers

Hero

From what I'm reading, the bug is caused by the baby

Try aging the baby up to see if you still have the issue

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 43 of 111 (14,419 Views)

Re: [OPEN] Can't bathe toddlers while there's a baby in the household

Hero

Added

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 44 of 111 (14,395 Views)

Why can't I give my toddler a bath in Sims 4?

★★ Novice

My game just updated and I have aged the baby to a toddler.  Mother and father could both give the baby a bath until the new baby was born.  Now, neither of them can give her a bath (and she really needs one) I can take her to the bath and put her in but they take her right back out. And my game seems to stall whenever I give the adults tasks.  I have it so the dad feeds the toddler and he just stands there.  Mother is supposed to be changing the baby diaper and she just sleeps (even though I've cancelled the sleep 2x)  HELP!

Message 45 of 111 (14,394 Views)

Re: Why can't I give my toddler a bath in Sims 4?

★★★★ Novice

Me too!  I had the same stalling issues with the adults.  Once the baby aged up to a toddler, everything ran much more smoothly, even though I now had two toddlers in the household (and no babies).  

Message 46 of 111 (14,378 Views)

[ Edited ]
Hero

Marking this as solution for visibility. It's still a unsolved bug

I can replicate this and it definitely seems to be the baby.

If you have more than one floor, put the crib on a different floor than the baby. If you have one floor, put the baby outside while you bath the toddler

This issue can also be caused by the talking toilet and a urn/tombstone close to the tub

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 47 of 111 (14,362 Views)

★★ Novice

I will do that next time.  Ended up aging up other baby (that works, too) Also discovered that if they hit all their milestones (reach top level in each) you can age them to a child (not before- tried and failed)  I hope they get the bug fixed soon!

Message 48 of 111 (14,311 Views)

Sims 4 Toddler Bathing issue

★★★ Newbie

Is anyone else having issues bathing their toddler's? I've tried just about everything, but every time my sim tries to bathe the toddler, she puts the toddler in the bathtub for all of two seconds and immediately takes the toddler out again. Any suggestions on how to fix this?

Message 49 of 111 (14,154 Views)

Re: Sims 4 Toddler Bathing issue

Hero

Hi @moonkitty6

I've merged you post with existing bug report

Please refer to the solution post for a workaround

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 50 of 111 (14,138 Views)