[FIXED] [CL] Highlighting of new items stuck in Decorations Category

by SergeSim

Original Post

Re: [OPEN] [CL] Highlighting of new items stuck in Decorations Category

[ Edited ]
★★★ Guide

I went to an empty lot, used bb.showhiddenobjects and placed all career items on the lot including the letters, changed colors of all items and it didnt remove the highlighting.

Update:
I finally figured it out. I tried the HxD editor fix again. The first time I only edited the first hex-value. I didnt know there were over 3.000 entries to replace! I replaced them all this time and it fixed the highlight of the decoration section and 6 out of the 9 styled rooms. 7 including the infinity section but not the misc section.

Right now Im ok with it. The room buttons dont bother me really. What bothers me is that by now there is no button to disable to highlight by default somewhere so people dont have to edit the files of the game.

Message 21 of 37 (2,092 Views)

★★★ Guide

I have tried the workarounds for this issue, and it has not helped. For the hex-editing, the program couldn't even find the hex-value when I searched. Testingcheats and showing hidden objects didn't solve anything. I've read that the Bunch of Letters from Fans could be the problem, but a search in build mode didn't find them.

I might have missed a workaround, or anything in build mode. If not, I'm not sure what I could do.

Message 22 of 37 (2,058 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Novice

I had the same issue until I checked out the ROOMS. Some of those are new with new packs. Like a new family kitchen, or what have you.  Cleared up my issue in build items, but now I have it in body types/skin tones. I have tried all ages, all genders, vampires and aliens. 

**EDIT**  I just solved my own issue!  I had to go through every new clothing item for both genders and all the ages.  Don't be gender specific if you're in a hurry, tho! Standard smile costumes, hats, the works!

Message 23 of 37 (2,030 Views)

build and buy glitch

★★★ Newbie

In build and buy mode it keeps saying that clutter has new items in my game but it doesn't. Plz help!

Message 24 of 37 (2,021 Views)

Re: build and buy glitch

Hero

Hi @Reesie350

It's a bug

I've merged your thread with existing report.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 25 of 37 (2,012 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

Thank you so so much ilusiek. This worked for me. This has been bugging me for quite some time now =)

Message 26 of 37 (1,987 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

Thx too Wink

But this doesn´t prevent  the "new icon" coming up in future releases? 

Message 27 of 37 (1,931 Views)

Sims 4 Clutter Glitch

★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:Mac
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Every Pack
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? In Build Mode, The chair will be lit up gold, as well as the decoration and clutter subfolders.
What happens when the bug occurs? The chair remains lit up, telling me I have new items, while I don't.
What do you expect to see? The game not showing me new stuff that I don't have.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? No

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:Mac
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Every Pack
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? In Build Mode, The chair will be lit up gold, as well as the decoration and clutter subfolders.
What happens when the bug occurs? The chair remains lit up, telling me I have new items, while I don't.
What do you expect to see? The game not showing me new stuff that I don't have.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? No

SimsClutterGlitch.JPG

Message 28 of 37 (1,917 Views)

Re: Sims 4 Clutter Glitch

Hero

Hi @takkytaktak

merged your post with existing thread and removed the duplicate you posted.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 29 of 37 (1,905 Views)

Re: [WORKAROUND] [CL] Highlighting of new items stuck in Decorations Category

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

I have the same problem. It also shows up in objects sorted by room as something in the kids clutter that won't show. I have placed all rooms and all clutter items but it still shows up as yellow. So frustrating!

Message 30 of 37 (1,887 Views)