Re: [WORK IN PROGRESS ] Sim keeps moving around while eating (aka Musical Chairs

by graceymanors

Original Post

[WORK IN PROGRESS ] Sim keeps moving around while eating (aka Musical Chairs)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Novice

Hi,

I have been having some issues while my Sims family is eating and talking. Sometimes, if they are talking to a person at the table who is not by their side, they will take time to switch seats over and over and over again. Very time consuming.

To solve this short term I have only enough space at the table for the exact number of family members and they all have to eat at the same time. 

Anyone else has this issue?

Thanks.

Best regards,

Emma

Message 1 of 14 (6,403 Views)

Re: Sim keeps moving around while eating and talking

Hero

It's on the list but didn't really have a link.

I used this one now.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 14 (6,332 Views)

Sims prefer sitting next to Sims they're interacting with

★ Novice

I've noticed a weird bug that affects Sims interacting (chatting).

When sitting at a table, they always prefer to sit next to the Sims they're interacting with. You can reproduce this by having 2 sims sit at a table with 4 chairs. Sit the Sims across from each other, and have them start chatting. One of them will move to sit next to the other. This is more interesting when you have a family of 3 sit at a table with 4 chairs and have them eat dinner together. It's practically a game of musical chairs.

Removing the extra chair(s) resolves the issue.

Not sure if this is a bug, per se, but it's weird to see Sims chatting, then get up mid-conversation just to sit next to the sim they were talking to. It would seem to make more sense that Sims could interact with any other Sim in any seat at the table without moving.

I've recorded a video of this, which you can see here.

Message 3 of 14 (6,283 Views)

Re: Sims prefer sitting next to Sims they're interacting with

Hero

I merged this with an existing issue which is basically the same although you described it differently.

@joshvickerson

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 4 of 14 (6,272 Views)

Sims don't stop changing places. Sims staring at nothing

★★ Apprentice

Ok, EVEN THOUGH the patch note says that it was supposedly fixed, my sims keep changing places a lot to talk with sims already near. They are sitting in the bar then they get up, go around, and talk with the sim that was just by the side. 

Also, my sims, sometimes, keep "thinking" before realize an interaction. Like, they go to the counter to chop food to cook, but they keep staring to the "nothingness" for a while so they start to chop the food.

Message 5 of 14 (5,979 Views)

Re: Sims don't stop changing places. Sims staring at nothing

[ Edited ]
Hero

Hi @guking

The musical chair bug is a complex one and to me it feels different than before.

While they do still change places it's more because they constantly get up to talk to someone else or order something or have the need to hug someone.

At home it's a lot better for me. Can you confirm that ?

For your other issue, that can have many factors. Are you using mods or cc ? Does the interaction clock actually move forward while they stare at nothingness ?

Here's a thread that might be similar to what you are seeing: http://answers.ea.com/t5/The-Sims-4-Bug-Reports/Delayed-Actions/td-p/3732953

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 6 of 14 (5,974 Views)

★★ Apprentice

At home lot or at venues, the sims keep changing places. It's hard to talk with more than one sim.

The other one, yes the game clock does run. I do have mods and CC, but for me test without them I'll need to make another save so I won't lose the modfications I've done to this save (that is old as the game lauch because it's my first and only save) Or there is a way to test it without ruining my 700hours save?

Message 7 of 14 (5,960 Views)

Hero

It's best to test on the same one but make a backup of it.

So basically, save your game under a new name and put it somewhere safe.

Then move the whole documents folder to the desktop and start the game to let it create a new one.

Try on a new game first to see if it occurs on a vanilla game.

If it does, come back and report again.

If it's better, you can put a COPY of your save game back. Without the mods. Try it that way. If the issue comes back, please upload your save game somewhere and PM me the link. If not, you can start putting your custom content back (not the mods, just the custom content such as hair and stuff). Try again.

And so on. Your original will still be preserved in your original copy as you're testing on a backup.

Mods become outdated and you need to make sure they still work.

If you don't feel conformable with removing your cloth and furniture and stuff, I can understand that but you MUST check your mods.

You can just send me your save game and I'll test for you if it makes you feel better.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 8 of 14 (5,951 Views)

Re: [OPEN] Sim keeps moving around while eating and talking (aka Musical Chairs)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Novice

my sims not only get up and move while eating, but while watching tv, and the worst is while doing homework......it now takes them forever to do their homework because they are moving all around the house. even to go sit on beds. It is a new family, not an old save... And i have taken out all mods and cc and deleted cache and  mods folder and repaired game. It happens with the homework the most when in a group/club.

Message 9 of 14 (5,633 Views)

Re: [WORK IN PROGRESS ] Sim keeps moving around while eating (aka Musical Chairs

★★★ Guide

Supposedly this was fixed, but I have the same issue.,

Just now 3 of my sims were eating at the table, the father gets up, grabs his plate and goes to the other end of the table.

The maid, grabbed her plate and followed the mother upstairs to the bathroom.I tried "Less Musical Chairs" mod but doesn't work,

this game has already been reinstalled, I've had this issue since day 1.

Message 10 of 14 (4,998 Views)