[FIXED] Issues with time/Clock

by crinrict

Original Post

Sims 4 paused but time keeps going

★ Novice

So basically, every sims day at 8 am, the game freezes. Sims keep moving (like looking around and stuff) and even when i press the pause button, go to the menu or do anything that should pause the game, time continues. Then after a few minutes the sims go back to normal, time jumps back and at about 10 am sims time, it works fine until the next day at 8 am.

Message 111 of 164 (649 Views)

Re: Sims 4 paused but time keeps going

Champion (Retired)

Please see this thread for Time issues.

http://answers.ea.com/t5/The-Sims-4-Bug-Reports/WORK-IN-PROGRESS-Issues-with-time-Clock/m-p/5095254#...

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please only PM me when asked to do so. Questions and answers belong here so everyone can benefit from them.
Message 112 of 164 (639 Views)

Re: Sims 4 paused but time keeps going

@kyliemondello merged with an existing post about this issue, please see the first message.

----------------

Answers HQ Guardian

do not work for EA

Message 113 of 164 (630 Views)

Re: [WORK IN PROGRESS] Issues with time/Clock

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Newbie
I am having a problem almost exactly the same as the one you're describing. I don't use CC. From what I can remember (I've been playing the same family for a while,) this hasn't really happened before- at least not with the frequency it has happened recently.

My sims will get stuck ("freeze," if you will,) in one position and not move for several sim hours. The only difference I can see between what's happening in my game and what is described in the other comments I've seen is that my clock DOES NOT RESET. Sims end up hours late for work or school because they sat at the table for four hours or they stood staring at the tv. I can select new interactions, but the sims won't perform them. I can de-select the actions my sims are currently performing, but they won't actually stop.

It should also be noted that needs decay during this period, and even when sims are starving or experiencing another negative moodlet, they won't unfreeze.

I've noticed it happens a lot when sims are going to work/school, but it affects all the sims on the lot.

I am currently updating the operating system on my computer to see if that changes anything. I have also repaired the game through Origin. I'm at my wits end!

Any other suggestions on what I can do?

I will try to get a video of it happening.

Edit: I'm running-
OS X El Capitan version 10.11.6
MacBook Pro (13-inch, Mid 2012)
Processor: 2.5 GHz Intel Core i5
Memory: 4bGB 1600 MHz DDR3
Graphics: Intel HD Graphics 4000 1536 MB
Message 114 of 164 (800 Views)

Sims 4 Time Glitch

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Novice

Hello! I've never posted before Embarrassed but I wanted to know if anyone is having an issue in game. Where you go to the third speed for a little bit and back to normal and time shoots back? I can't find a solution anywhere, haha. 

Edit: 

OP System; Windows 10 Home 64-bit

Processor; Intel Core i3-4130 @ 3.40GHz

Memory; 8GB DDR3

Graphics; Intel HD Graphics 4130

I know it's a bit borderline, but I can't afford to upgrade at the moment, LOL.

Message 115 of 164 (759 Views)

Re: Sims 4 Time Glitch

Hero

Hi @HolyMilks

merged your thread with existing post on the issue.

Could you please provide all the info asked on the first page. There's also a few suggestions.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 116 of 164 (745 Views)

★★★★ Novice

Have you tried clearing out their inventories? You said you've been playing for a while, and that may cause it. Or you can try starting a vanilla game. By moving your Sims 4 folder from your electronic arts folder, to your desktop or wherever you want it to; and then starting the game up again to see if it could be the family you're playing. You can also try deleting the cache files found in the sims 4 folder. But do not delete the actual folder, just what is in it. And you can also see if deleting the localthumbcache helps at all. Maybe even moving your screenshots/videos to somewhere else (if you take a lot).

Message 117 of 164 (715 Views)

★★★ Newbie

The single most frustrating thing about this game.

The rest of the game works fine apart from small glitches that don't affect the gameplay too much.

It always seems to happen when my sims get up for breakfast. They gather round the table and then sit there staring at eachother while the time continues, and then suddenly carry on eating as the clock flips back.

Computer runs the game fine, enough RAM etc.

Message 118 of 164 (703 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Novice

@elouisev Same. I've contacted EA multiple times and they first told me it was my PC, and when I contacted again, they said that the team was looking into the issue and are working on fixing it. I don't know how true that is, but I guess we can hope and pray for the best. 

Message 119 of 164 (693 Views)

★★★★ Novice

mine happen all the time so I can't pinpoint anything

Message 120 of 164 (677 Views)