Re: Clock still broken and more glitches

by crinrict

Original Post

So many bugs with new toddlers update

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

I'm having a lot of problems with my game after the toddler update that I never had before, or rarely had. I don't and never have downloaded any CC for Sims 4 so I know that's not the problem. My laptop is able to handle all my other games perfectly fine, so it's not a hardware problem either.

My sims are really prone to freezing now. They'll be in the middle of an action and they will suddenly freeze up. I can use the debug reset sim and it works sometimes, but often times they just go straight on back to being frozen afterwards. I've had one sim get her toddler taken away because I wasn't able to feed it in time because I couldn't figure out how to unfreeze my parent sim. Super frustrating! 

The time speed options don't work very well now either. If I'm on pause and click resume, it can take 10-20 seconds for it to unpause. Likewise with the other options. Sometimes my sims will be asleep so I'll have it on the fastest speed option, but then I want to wake them up in the morning so I click the slowest speed, but then suddenly the in-game clock launches back a whole three hours and it's dark out again. 

I haven't been able to play the game because of these bugs and it's frustrating. Has anyone else had any of these problems? What can I do to fix this, or do we just have to wait for a patch?

Message 141 of 164 (1,157 Views)

Re: So many bugs with new toddlers update

Hero

Hi @sirsierr27

I've merged your thread with existing report

There's a few suggestions in the first post.

Please also provide the info asked there.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 142 of 164 (1,139 Views)

Re: So many bugs with new toddlers update

★★★ Newbie

I've tried some of the suggestions in the first post including uninstalling and then reinstalling, and also repairing the game files, and playing with the graphics settings on low, but nothing is helping.

Beginning to think we'll all just have to wait for a patch for this because nothing is working. Can't believe it's this bad. 

Message 143 of 164 (1,124 Views)

Clock still broken and more glitches

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice

Hey there,
My sims 4 game is overall so buggy i usually quit playing it for months at the time only coming back with each new patch and finding out my game is still broken.

The clock speeds are not working properly, and that when you went back to normal velocity after speeding up would cause the clock to go back hours of sims time, should have been fixed last patch and I still have the issue.

Plus the more I play the more bugs i get. I can't play the game more than an hour at a time before having to close it and re opening it to be able to play. The game starts to get unplayable the more the clock falters and I also get a bug where if you cancel a sims current action, example you decide that after all you don't want him to go to the bathroom you rather he'll just go to bed, when you cancel the action the Sim will go all the way to the place/object the action takes place, only then canceling and go do the other thing you queued. It doesn't matter if he has to go to the 3rd floor and you were actually trying to save time having him do something on the ground floor. He'll just go. Do nothing and come back. It's just so enfuriating playing like this and I don't see the problem getting fixed anytime soon!

With every expansion I only see more bugs popping out and none of the old ones getting fixed.
There is also a bug with the butlers where they get randomly swamped at random times, you'll have one buttler turn around and when you look again it's some random diferent buttler, no warning whatsoever.
I've been told that the two major bugs are caused by CL and that I shouldn't play there, but I've have new saves in new cities and the bugs persist, and also that's not a solution. I paied for a piece a content I can't play... That's just not how it should work.
Thanks in advance for a reply.
Val
Info:
I don't use mods
I have some hair and clothing cc (which I already tried removing to no avail)
I'm playing on Windows 10 64 bit
I own the download version of the game
I only have base game deluxe edition, get to work, city living, get together, vampires and glamour stuff.
Graphics card: Nvidia GeForce 1060 6gb
Processor : i3-6100
Ssd 250gb disc
8gb ram ddr4

Message 144 of 164 (1,273 Views)

Hero

Hi @Valathia

merged your post with the clock issue thread.

Could you please provide the info asked on the first post. It also has some workaround.

You seem to have a rather small disc. How full is it ?

For your other issue, please refer to the compiled list: http://answers.ea.com/t5/The-Sims-4-Bug-Reports/READ-FIRST-Compiled-list-of-Bugs

If you can't find the bugs, please create a thread per issue.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 145 of 164 (1,254 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

Hey all,

ive been playing my same legacy save since the release of The Sims 4, no issues at all aside from the odd time freeze which was very rare. The game run perfect without any lag etc... A week ago I started a fresh new save/game and from the get go was hit with issues with lag, freezes and crashing which I never encounter before.

This was very weird so went back to play my old save and it was back to normal.

Message 146 of 164 (1,131 Views)

★ Novice

I bought "City Living" today and encountered the same problem. But not only in the town, it was everywhere and each savegame was affected. After a new installation without the addon everything was smooth and back to normal. Before that I did a clean install with the addon and had the problems, too. So, if I install the addon, the game will become unplayable for me. Way too much freezes and time hickups. Too bad, you can't return DLCs. :/

Message 147 of 164 (1,079 Views)

Re: Intermittent Freezing

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Novice

I am having an issue where every day at 8 o'clock my sims become completely unresponsive and stand still as time moves forward. I can not click on a different sim and I can not give them actions, nor can I cancel the ones they were already performing. During this time of unresponsiveness their needs will continue to go down. I have tried closing and opening the game, putting the family in a new save, making a new family all together, and living in different neighborhoods. This problem occurred in force after I installed the Parenthood dlc. I have no mods. It is also worth mentioning that after several days of this happening, the game becomes completely frozen and will not resume. 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ruBNQJAQ3MA

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=33-EC5ztnsQ

The information about my computer is in the dropbox file.

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/e403wzb4xgcqvnd/AABTHfw7r2sV0aK5ruwOKoSNa?dl=0

Message 148 of 164 (1,051 Views)

Re: Intermittent Freezing

★ Novice

I had this bug, or something very similar to it, about a year(ish) ago. Sims would just keep doing whatever they were doing at the time. Read forever, pee forever, stand at the fridge forever. Nothing could make them budge apart from a hard reset, and that lasted a few seconds.

It was at least partly reproducible, I was able to trigger it by ordering pizza for example, and it seemed to occur more often when guests were visiting. Otherwise it was largely random, occurring both in huge houses with many sims staggering under the weight of their giant inventories and in two-person hovels in another neighbourhood. It followed empty-inventory sims to work in the hospital, it struck Landgraab and Goth alike.

Though interestingly, townies continued to wander about outside as normal.

No length of pausing brought them back (and I pause very frequently in normal play anyway, only run the clock fast when everyone's asleep or at work), no amount of waiting caused anything except starvation and woe.

There were no fixes at the time, so I turned off the game to wait for a patch.

Decided to get back into it this week, lo and behold, nothing has changed. That's, to put it mildly, disappointing.

And then I hear that there was a mod to fix the issue, which an official patch broke a few weeks ago.

Astonishing. Official patching that makes the game worse.

Anyway, I'm as keen as the next person to get this resolved, here's what I can provide:

CPU: Intel Core i5-3570K

RAM: 8GB

GPU: Nvidia GeForce GTX 780

HD where the game is installed: 450GB free

HD where the game keeps its screenshots, mods and the like for some reason: 92Gb free

• How big is your save game: I'm not sure how to measure this but most of the files in that folder are 3.2 to 3.7KB.
  • Does the issue also occur on a new save for testing purposes: Yes.

I also use a bunch of mods, most of which are for hairstyles and the like. No script mods. I run the game at max settings and I'm not interested in turning them down. Reinstalling and resetting did nothing.

Message 149 of 164 (1,020 Views)

Time buggy as...

★ Novice

There are a lot of bugs concerning time in this game, despite it being up to date and not modded.

1. Day and hour can change spontaneously. My sim went to work as a scientist on thursday and on the spot there were no activities available. Turns out the game's date spontaneously changed to sunday. I have no idea what consequences it might have for my other sim who is working too but in a business career, in a rabbit hole. 

2. Hour freezes and occasionally reverses. When using time compression 3, time can sometimes change backwards - 5 am can magically become 2 am, or 2:30 can become 2:10.

3. It sometimes takes sims an hour to start something - like between sitting by the desk and finally starting working on the computer, or sitting in front of a plate for 2 hours before eating anything. 

I don't know how buggy the game was when it was released, I just bought it a few days ago, but things like this should have been patched already after all these years.

Message 150 of 164 (971 Views)