[ARCHIVED] Family Tree butchered due to Culling

by Apolo_Adama

Original Post

Re: family tree has been reset to just the living sims After 03/26 patch

★★★ Apprentice

Same here.  Was really lookin forward to tracking back the generations.  Put a lot of time and effort into making this happen now feel all the game play is spoiled.  My sims have no deceased relatives and because of this their children now have no family tree bar their own parents.  Sad.. very sad...   Hope they fix this soon.

Message 61 of 161 (1,354 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

I had this problem not only on the 26/03 update but also the most recent update!! (some days ago!)
I'm so sad. I had put so much effort on my generations and now more than half of it is gone... 
The Sims that disappeared weren't even townies... And I don't use any mods.
EA please fix this.

Message 62 of 161 (1,343 Views)

★★ Novice

I've been having the same issue since the 03/26 patch and as much as I've tried repairing the game, it doesn't fix the family tree for me Frown. But, I was wondering if anyone knows if continuing to play with the game with the bugged family tree may impact the game on a larger scale? I haven't touched the game since I noticed the bug and I'd saved my game before I even noticed the issue...so I've been wary about returning to it.

Message 63 of 161 (1,308 Views)

★★★★ Novice

I do know that because the graves don't work at all the ghosts don't come back. But nothing else has been affected except for relationships. I have also not really been going on the sims because I do not want anything bad to happen. 

Message 64 of 161 (1,296 Views)

★★★★ Novice

This also happened to me. It reset again after the latest (4-11) patch. I hope this doesn't happen after each patch...

Message 65 of 161 (1,241 Views)

★★★★ Novice

This is crazy Maxis needs to get moving on a fix for this because MY GHOSTS DO NOT WORK!!!!!! I and many others have been looking forward to that for a long time and now they are gone. I mean it has almost been a month and maxis has made NO indication that they know or care about the problem. This makes me so mad I am not playing the sims until it is fixed. T-T  

Message 66 of 161 (1,229 Views)

★ Novice

I'm having this issue as well. The graves are blank and on the dead Sims in the family tree is just a blank portrait. It seems to happen every other generation or so, I'm currently on the fourth generation, so now my family tree is not connected at all. I haven't looked to see if it's messed up the relationship panel or not yet.

Message 67 of 161 (1,131 Views)

★★★★ Novice

The relationship panel I don't think is messed up but all I can say is I WISH MY FAMILY TREE WAS NORMAL!!!!!!!

Message 68 of 161 (1,114 Views)

★★★★ Novice

i talked to an ea person and they said that they would fix it Standard smile good news right?

Message 69 of 161 (1,022 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

This has been happening to me since Get To Work came out.  I reported on it earlier in this thread but... two of my sims died and the ghosts only appeared once then they were gone.  Nothing in the family trees after that.  The names are still on the gravestones but that's all.  The ghosts no longer appear.  Also the two sims that died - their daughter had a child and in her family tree the grandparents don't appear at all.  She just has her parents.  So it's like i'm starting all over again.  This Genealogy is so disappointing.

Hope they fix it soon.

Message 70 of 161 (1,014 Views)