Re: [WORK IN PROGRESS] Family Tree butchered due to Culling

by crinrict

Original Post

Re: Family Tree is being cut

★★★ Novice

Hi !

Sorry for the lag, I haven’t played with my Sims since the end of January… I tried cas.fulleditmode, and it perfectly worked! Thank both of you for helping me, it was really nice. :-)

Message 141 of 161 (674 Views)

Family tree missing since last update

★★★★★ Newbie

Since the update, my Sim's family tree has been culled. Before I ran the update it went back 9 generations but now it has culled all family relationships even though some family members are still alive.

Message 142 of 161 (607 Views)

Re: Family tree missing since last update

Hero

Are you using mods ? Did you use mods before that prevented culling that were turned off ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 143 of 161 (599 Views)

★★★★★ Guide

I didn't see this in a while and, honestly, I though the problem was solved. But after the latest patch (fitness staff) it's back again! The whole genealogy thing is being destroyed by blank profile photos in the family tree, AGAIN. Awful game-breaking bug. Not because the family tree looks not-so-pretty any more, but because (dead) relatives culling. Even if urn was destroyed, there always were means to bring them back. Just before the patch I've managed to save some "ghosts", purely by accident. Others were not so lucky Frown

Message 144 of 161 (550 Views)

Hero

Has your game been hit by culling already and the tree stayed in tact despite that ?

There's a lot of factors that make the trees being butchered. If you play Sims at the time of their save, they should be fine. If you don't, they are culled.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 145 of 161 (544 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Guide

Well, random townies are being replaced, as I can see. So culling is working. But my family trees weren't hit by it for a long time.

Besides, only some ghosts were wiped from it. Others stayed, despite all died more or less at the same time.

Message 146 of 161 (541 Views)

Hero

It's possible that the family tree is hit later.

Are there any things the ones that stayed have in common (like they died on your lot or died while you were playing them or were played Sims vs. unplayed) ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 147 of 161 (535 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Guide

They were all played sims, died on SPA lot while I was playing with them.

The one that was wiped out even had half-filled romantic and friendship bars with other sim. Strange enough, the one that stayed had no relations with anyone. That makes me think it was absolutely random choice.

Message 148 of 161 (532 Views)

Hero

OK. Thanks for the info

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 149 of 161 (520 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Guide

For now, I've downloaded a mod that let you summon any existing (atm) sim and summoned all the ghosts I need, with a cheat quickly added them to a family, then created a separate family for them - "playable" but with no home lot. That's a workaround to keep what's left of my several-generations-family-tree intact for now.

Message 150 of 161 (507 Views)