Vampire Teens

by M3lissa2468

Original Post

Vampire Teens

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie
I have a teen in the family and he is a vampire. Whenever he goes to school though, he loses his energy rapidly because he is "in the sun". I don't want to cheat my way up the vampire rankings to get sun protection, so is this a glitch?
Message 31 of 38 (785 Views)

Re: Vampire Teens

Champion (Retired)

There already is a long thread about this. You would have found it reading the sticky [READ FIRST] Compiled list of Bugs

Workarounds

Have another Sim travel somewhere.

Save the game and exit the reload it.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please only PM me when asked to do so. Questions and answers belong here so everyone can benefit from them.
Message 32 of 38 (776 Views)

Re: Vampire Teens

Hero

Hi @M3lissa2468

merged your post with existing bug thread

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 33 of 38 (766 Views)

Vampire sim died after she got home from work.

★★ Apprentice

First off my sim is a vampire and was at her job, so when she went off to work she was exposed to sun, I've had a problem before with my sims going to school or work and their vampire energy going all the way down before but when they came back it was okay, but when my sim got back from her job....She died? Luckily her only child (Son) managed to successfully plead and bring her back to life, so i was wondering why this happened? it usually never happens, and i was confused why she died as soon as she got home from work. If you know why, i would be so thankful to see if there's a solution.

Message 34 of 38 (725 Views)

Re: Vampire sim died after she got home from work.

@Nicoliia merged your post with a known bug post on this issue.

----------------

Answers HQ Guardian

do not work for EA

Message 35 of 38 (718 Views)

★★ Apprentice

I was directed to post here from a sims forum about this issue though I am confused whether it is being looked into because I saw something about workarounds mentioned above.I don't use those workarounds, when it happens to me I use the testingcheats thingy to up their needs at which point (in my game) the sims' needs stabilise and they are fine...BUT.

I want to add my report on here because it was just a one off occurrence in my game and now it is becoming more frequent.

Before I get the usual about CC and stuff - no CC involved, no mods at al of any kind. I have this in a new game and an old one, no connection to what household, family, career path. It can be school or it can be work. It doesn't always happen to the same sims although of late I have noticed it centering particularly on one sim who the game wants to kill, apparently...he also has the other issue of not only being stood outside the house (where there are no children to greet) when I load it, but his needs are already in the dangerous area.

I do not want to stat cheat to save my vampires, I am actually very good at keeping them alive without cheating providing the game doesn't choose to kill them. I feel like if I do something and a sim dies then it's one thing, but this is out of my hands and it is becoming a bigger issue. I now have to micromanage and monitor my sims when going off to work or school to make sure they don't get critical needs or stuck in uncomfortable mode...and also when I take a household member out I have to watch the colours on the other sims even though they are taking care of themselves...JUST in case the issue starts spreading to that, too (because obviously if I can go back to a house and find a half dead vampire sim standing outside then something is going wrong on autopilot).

It would be great if the vampires themselves were a bit more safety conscious and did autonomously go inside if exposed to sun where possible (rather than standing outside gossiping which is what killed my one and only sun death sim)...but more importantly I want to know they can go to work or school safely without the risk of coming home and dying as people above have mentioned. I now wonder if that one sun death sim really died because of this bug. I didn't get any notification for him being home and the first I knew was that I got the notification that he had died. Unlike the person above, I didn't get the grim reaper in his case either, so there was no opportunity to save him. I don't know for sure whether his stats were compromised at work or not, but given the fact this bug has become more prevalent in my game, I have to wonder.

So yeah, vanilla game and a new vanilla game and same issue with no real common feature except that it affects my vampires and randomly affects whichever ones it needs.

Seems to me the game doesn't switch awareness from outside to inside quickly enough when they go to school or work in some cases :/

Because it randomly affects families at random moments I don't think sharing my game would help. I think it's a mechanism issue perhaps similar to the one that makes teenagers walk around like toddlers or when a teen goes into a picky eater phase (isn't that a child feature?) only on a shorter term basis. Something not getting cancelled when it should be. I don't know how the game is programmed but it seems like something is getting stuck and unfortunately it's something major enough to cost sim lives :/

Message 36 of 38 (648 Views)

Hero

It's an open issue.

Thank you for your detailed report.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 37 of 38 (646 Views)

[ Edited ]
Hero

• Vampires who started burning in the sunlight while traveling away from home, will no longer continue to burn when returning home and retreating inside.

Fixed in Patch 1.47.49

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 38 of 38 (4,269 Views)