Re: Sims donating on their own.

by MapleSimmer

Original Post

★ Guide

It started happening to me just the other day - wiping out over 1000 easy.  Donating 100 is one thing, but a few thousand seems over the top.

To the person that says it's just like cooking food - no, spending under 100 dollars and spending a few thousand are not the same thing.

Message 11 of 36 (712 Views)

★★★★ Pro

I recently had a Sim donate 1,000 twice in the same save file by the same Sim (the second time happened a few days later).  The particular family didn't have much money at the time, but now that they do I have not had it happen again.  I thought perhaps it was because she was a young adult now and she did it when she was a teen.  FYI, this Sim did not have the 'good' trait which is what I would have expected to possibly trigger such an action.  I also just saw it happen in a current Let's Play, in this case the Sim was a vampire and she also did not have the good trait, so I would say it is still happening.

I use no mods or CC, play on an updated Windows 10 system, my game up to date and I have all packs but the Vampire Pack.

I agree that Sims autonomously spending $1,000 is different then them spending less then 100 or less on drinks/foods/tips etc.

Thanks and regards,

Jennifer

Message 12 of 36 (692 Views)

Community Manager (retired)

Could someone share a save file with me where they've experienced this issue? Super appreciated! Standard smile

This account is no longer accepting Direct Messages. If you need to send a Direct Message, please send it to TheSimsDirect. Thank you.

Message 13 of 36 (682 Views)

★★★★ Pro

I can share mine if you'd like, though as I said, my Sim did it earlier in the game and hasn't done it recently that I've noticed.  If you would like my file I just need a link to upload to.  Thanks!

Jennifer

Message 14 of 36 (671 Views)

Hero

@MapleSimmer

Here's the link you can use:  Mediafire-Link

Please make sure to name the zip file with your user name (maybe also add the issue as you've uploaded something before I believe) 

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 15 of 36 (664 Views)

★★★★ Pro

I uploaded the file and called it 'MapleSimmerDonation' as you are correct, I have uploaded before.  I've been having quite a few bugs/glitches in my game; not sure if it is my game or because I play a fair bit Standard smile

If I bookmark that location, would I use that link if I had a request for a save again?  Or should I just wait for the link to be given again?

Thanks and regards,

Jennifer

Message 16 of 36 (659 Views)

[ Edited ]
Hero

It's always the same link so you can bookmark it but please only upload saves when asked to do so.

Thanks for your help

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 17 of 36 (651 Views)

Community Manager (retired)

Are the Sims that are autonomously donating in a club with the rule "be friendly to everyone"? Donating to charity is considered a friendly action, so this might be calling Sims to donate. 

This account is no longer accepting Direct Messages. If you need to send a Direct Message, please send it to TheSimsDirect. Thank you.

Message 18 of 36 (641 Views)

★★★★ Pro

In my case I did have a club gathering going and being friendly is one of the club activities.  I didn't realize that 'donating' is considered a friendly activity, so that can be a financially dangerous club activity when your Sims don't have much money Standard smile.  I guess I'm lucky it doesn't happen more often as I almost always have 'be friendly' as a club activity.  

When I saw a Sim do it in a video, they were by themselves so I wouldn't think there was a club gathering going on at the moment.  I assume the club gathering has to be actively happening to encourage this activity, but perhaps that isn't how it works.

Thanks for the clarification.  

Best regards,

Jennifer

Message 19 of 36 (631 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Novice

I just had it happen in my game, there wasn't any active club gathering, it was during or just at the end of the loading screen. The Sim who donated is a materialist/art lover teen.

I've uploaded my save (which is just one second after it happened) with the Mediafire link crinrict provided above. It's the Lee household, where Liberty and Travis lived in the BG. This household also has a baby with a changing skin tone (http://answers.ea.com/t5/The-Sims-4-Bug-Reports/OPEN-Baby-Skin-tone-changes-on-growing-up-removing-f...)

(ETA : Uploaded!)

Message 20 of 36 (609 Views)