[ARCHIVED] Random clothing after promotion/grades Up

by dolldrms1

Original Post

Re: [OPEN] Random clothing after promotion

[ Edited ]
★ Novice

I've also had the crazy promotion outfit take place with one my Entertainer sims along with my TechGuru (haven't tried painter).. give me a bit and i'll pm you a link to the save.

--edit--

@SimGuruNick I pm'd you a link to the save.

Message 11 of 35 (1,636 Views)

Re: [UNDER INVESTIGATION] Random clothing after promotion

★★★ Guide

This happens in my game too.

Message 12 of 35 (1,586 Views)

★★ Guide

This is (still) happening in my game, with a Sim in the Tech Guru career. It's happened twice so far, when she was promoted to Project Manager and then to Development Captain.

For reference here is her normal everyday outfit.

I'm on macOS 10.12.2 (Sierra), all expansions and packs, no mods or cc.

Message 13 of 35 (1,553 Views)

Hero

@funcrunch

Willing to share your save game ?

If so, please zip up this folder: documents\electronicarts\thesims4\saves and drop the file to this Mediafire-Link to upload.

Please make sure to name the zip file with your user name.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 14 of 35 (1,534 Views)

★★ Guide

My saves folder is over a gigabyte so that's not practical, sorry.

Message 15 of 35 (1,523 Views)

Hero

Then just upload the affected save game.

It would be really useful

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 16 of 35 (1,514 Views)

Sim is wearing random clothes after promotion or grades going up.

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Apprentice

Okay so this is probably not a very important bug, but it is something I've noticed over time and it is kind of annoying. 

When a sim gets a promotion or their grades go up in school, something like that, I will notice that the clothes they are wearing when they arrive home just after are seemingly random. At first I attributed this to it being their clothes for their next job, or something like that, but it never is. A workaround would be that you just change their clothes right after they get home, but I don't think that this is working as intended, so I thought it better to bring it to the attention of others rather than just ignore it.

I started a new TS4 folder this morning and decided to play around a bit with the food issues I had been experiencing, and when one of my children's grades when up, it happened again, so I figured it would be worth mentioning.

Message 17 of 35 (1,509 Views)

Re: Sim is wearing random clothes after promotion or grades going up.

★★★★★ Apprentice

Thank you @crinrict for finding the proper thread and merging it Standard smile

Message 18 of 35 (1,499 Views)

Children random outfit with Grades Up

★★★★★ Apprentice

No CC or mods and I've repaired my game.

Since the Toddler patch, I've noticed that when any child in the household gains a grade in school (I've seen it happen when they earned a B and an A) they come home in a random outfit that I haven't made with Plan Outfits.  Not sure what's up with that or if anyone else has noticed it.  I haven't gotten to the teen life stage yet so I don't know if it happens with teens as well.

Message 19 of 35 (1,493 Views)

Sims come home from work/school in weird outfits

★★★★ Novice

My sims go to work or school in their normal clothes but then come back wearing completely different outfits. Somehow I don't think the painting career requires one to wear a mask and formal dress?

Has happened on multiple saves. Game has been repaired numerous times. Does not really affect gameplay, is just annoying Standard smile

Message 20 of 35 (1,493 Views)