[ARCHIVED] Items disappearing on switching household

by ceunon20

Original Post

[ARCHIVED] Items disappearing on switching household

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Guide

Hi.

I noticed all my void critter's cards in my children's inventories disappeared after I moved my main family to another house.
This happened again when I played with other family and came back to play with my main family. All theirs cards gone again.

I'm tired to collect cards and cannot play with other families because my cards will disappear. Frown

Message 1 of 25 (3,642 Views)

Re: Void Critter's cards disappearing.

Hero

Tagging @SimGuruNickfor this

Is this supposed to happen ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 25 (3,575 Views)

Community Manager (retired)

This is definitely not by design. We'll investigate. If you could share a save file where you're experiencing the issue, @ceunon20, that would assist us greatly. Thank you much!

This account is no longer accepting Direct Messages. If you need to send a Direct Message, please send it to TheSimsDirect. Thank you.

Message 3 of 25 (3,570 Views)

★★★★ Guide

Off course I can share the save files! Standard smile
Here is the link for download: https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B0oummDS-DPgX3RfQ1RYY09rWlU

I forgot to mention but I'm not using mods or CC too.

And to be more especific about this bug but it's happening in two situations.
1 - When Sims moves to a new house and the cards are in the Sim inventory.
2 - When I change the families to play and after a time come back to the previous family but the cards are not in there. Inside the inventory too.

The family I being playing is the "Marcks Friends" in Newcrest. 20x15 lot.

Thank you for the attention!

Message 4 of 25 (3,558 Views)

Perishable items like food, potions, books disappear when switching households

★★ Novice
I don't recall having this issue when I first played. But if I leave any books out, potions or serums on a shelf, or food that's not inside the refrigerator while switching households, they get erased when I switch back. So for example, I'm used to having my master chef leave a bunch of non-perishable ready to eat meals on the table or counters. If I switch households they'll be gone when I get back. Also, my teen visited a neighbor and left his homework there and when I tried to go back for it, it too was erased. Collectibles seem to be the only exception. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Message 5 of 25 (3,605 Views)

Re: Perishable items like food, potions, books disappear when switching househol

★★★★ Guide

Items inside the Sims's inventory are disappearing too or just those already putted in the world?

Because I'm having this problem with Void Cards that disappearing after switch holsehold but just when the cards are inside the inventories.

Message 6 of 25 (3,599 Views)

Re: Perishable items like food, potions, books disappear when switching househol

★★ Novice
I quickly checked the inventories, but those appeared to be fine, including the containers like the fridge.
Message 7 of 25 (3,597 Views)

Hero

Hi @Vertelan

are you using any mods in your game ?

Also did you check your family inventory if maybe something ended up there ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 8 of 25 (3,578 Views)

Hero (Retired)

I tried this but for me the items are still there when I go back to control my original household. How much time did you spend controlling the other household? I was with them for a bit over a week.

Message 9 of 25 (3,565 Views)

★★ Novice
No, I'm not using any mods or custom content. And I did check the family inventory and that's also a no go. One thing I noticed today though, I had a book of life vanish from inside a shelf and when I save in build mode this tends to sort of reset the lot and the book magically popped back into existence. I slipped it into my sim's inventory just to be on the safe side. I'm noticing quite a few minor bugs that seem to fix when you save in build mode. I haven't attempted this with my main family yet to see if their items come back. I'm going to give that a go tonight.
Message 10 of 25 (3,561 Views)