[FEEDBACK] Timed actions advance when queue is extended while paused

by sagredo1632

Original Post

[FEEDBACK] Timed actions advance when queue is extended while paused

[ Edited ]
★ Apprentice

That's a mouthful, but what I mean is that if, for instance, a sim is in the middle of reading a book with a countdown timer, if you pause the game partway through the reading and then queue up another action while in the paused state, it will advance the countdown timer of the book currently being read (by as much as 25% or more). I'm pretty sure that this applies to a variety of actions with countdowns, when appending to the queue in a paused game state, but the book reading example is the easiest to trigger and observe. You can very quickly finish a countdown action by repeatedly queueing and deleting a subsequent action while in the paused game state.

This was observed under 1.2.16.10.

Message 1 of 5 (692 Views)

Re: Timed actions advance when queue is extended in a paused game state

Hero

Added

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 5 (675 Views)

Hero

@sagredo1632 Is this still an issue for you ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 3 of 5 (651 Views)

[ Edited ]
Hero (Retired)

Still happening. I told my sim to read a book. When she had read aroung the 25%, I paused the game and added "sleep" to the queue. Adding that advanced the countdown around 7%. Removing "sleep" from the queue added another 7% to the progress of the reading. I added "sleep" again, another 7%... I finished the book with the game paused, it even completed a whim my sim had :P

Message 4 of 5 (587 Views)

[ Edited ]
Hero

Any feedback on this ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 5 of 5 (435 Views)