Re: [TROUBLESHOOT] [V] Vampire Spar Revert Post Bug

by crinrict

Original Post

Vampire Spar Revert Post Bug

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Novice

This just started happening today after the new patch. When my vampire sime has a duel with another vampire after it ends and they shake the npc sim reverts out of dark form but the player sim does not. Where as before teh patch both sims would revert.

She'll still shift out of dark form if I tell her to manually, but it doesn't do it automatically anymore.

Message 1 of 8 (916 Views)

Hero

I've just tested this and  couldn't duplicate.

Are you using mods ? Was your Sim in Dark Form before the sparring ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 8 (902 Views)

Hero

Tagging @Nelires for feedback

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 3 of 8 (871 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

What the bump. I had written a long response days ago, and I thought it went through. XP

I do use mods, but as is standard when I experienced the problem I removed them to make sure they weren't the cause. When I did the problem went from happening every time after a duel to ever 4th or 5th time. So it still happens, but less frequently. And it seems more likely to happen when my sim is in Everyday outfit than any of the others.

Message 4 of 8 (864 Views)

[ Edited ]
Hero

Was probably eaten by the Spam filter. Checking with the CM on that.

Is sparring the only time you have with changing into dark form ? There was another user (and I duplicated the issue on their save) where the vampire didn't change into dark form at all for none of the actions. Maybe that's related.

Could you also start a new save for testing purposes to see if you also have the issue ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 5 of 8 (856 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

That would be unfortunate. Thanks for checking on that.

You know, the day after I started having my initial problem, yes dark for has been acting up during other activities. I didn't think about it until you said something. She still changes during duels but not when feeding.

Ok, I made a totally new game from the splash screen and here's what happened. I created a vampire sim and left him as the random generator made him at the start of creation (which was funny I might add). Moved him into Forgotten Hollow and found a vampire to spar with. He turned into dark form, they fought, and after he lost his opponent turned back but he didn't. Just stood there like...well like a sim does. ^^;

Next I went looking for a meal for him. Found an unwitting mortal and had my vampire compel him for a drink. He went dark form, did the compel magic (and failed), then again didn't revert back.

I don't have more time to test this file tonight, but I'll do more tomorrow and see if repeated attempts at things yield different results.

Message 6 of 8 (841 Views)

Hero

Willing to share your save game ?

If so, please zip up this folder: documents\electronicarts\thesims4\saves and drop the file to this Mediafire-Link to upload.

Please make sure to name the zip file with your user name.

CM couldn't find your post in Spam. Wonder what happened to it. Sorry about that

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 7 of 8 (834 Views)

Hero

Tagging @Nelires for feedback

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 8 of 8 (818 Views)