Re: Invisible spouse

by crinrict

Original Post

Accepted Solution

[FIXED] Invisible spouse

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

So I found out that sometimes characters from the gallery have a spouse named "_____", which is basically an unknown, faceless sim in their family tree. I suppose it happens when a sim had a spouse but was uploaded at the gallery without him/her. Or maybe there is another reason, not sure.

When you ask them about a partner in the game, they say that they don't have one. But at the same time they reject many romantic actions just as married ones. So far I was unable to do something about it even with cheats, except searching for unbugged similar sims in the gallery.

Message 1 of 10 (920 Views)

Accepted Solution

Hero

I've tested this with a new Sim and there was no invisible spouse anymore so I'm going to mark this as fixed although affected Sims in the gallery probably still have this issue

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

View in thread

Message 10 of 10 (767 Views)

All Replies

[ Edited ]
Hero

Hi @NimrevD,

I moved your thread to bug reporting.

Your explanation sounds very plausible

I'll add it on the next round.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 10 (912 Views)

Hero

Added this to Gallery issues

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 3 of 10 (889 Views)

Hero

@NimrevD

Do you still see this issue ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 4 of 10 (805 Views)

★ Guide

Yes, of course. After some search I even found one of the sims with this bug.

Look for kamspidey author, s/he has Hinata Hyuuga character in library.

Message 5 of 10 (791 Views)

Hero

Thanks. 

As I can't right now, is that an older Sim or a newly uploaded one ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 6 of 10 (782 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

An old one, one of those I spotted when I reported about this issue. No custom content either.

Message 7 of 10 (769 Views)

Hero

Tbh, I don't expect affected Sims to be fixed so if you have a newer one, that'd be great (but you don't have to spend hours searching).

I'll check the Sim out tomorrow though

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 8 of 10 (759 Views)

★ Guide

That's the problem, yeah. We don't have a way to find them quickly, the bug is visible only after adding them to the game. I don't use the characters gallery much lately because I already found everyone I wanted, but back then I spotted about a dozen of affected sims from different authors.

Maybe it's possible to reproduce the bug, by uploading only one spouse to the gallery...

Message 9 of 10 (751 Views)

Hero

I've tested this with a new Sim and there was no invisible spouse anymore so I'm going to mark this as fixed although affected Sims in the gallery probably still have this issue

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 10 of 10 (768 Views)