[OPEN] [V] Vampires Cannot Learn Skills through lightning bold symbol

by EuphorialQueen

Original Post

[OPEN] [V] Vampires Cannot Learn Skills through lightning bold symbol

[ Edited ]
Champion (Retired)

Vampires Cannot Learn Skills - They can learn skills in general but I am referring to a specific situation.
Let me see if I can explain this properly. When Sims in a multi-Sim household travel there is usually an option for the Sim at home to build up a skill. This is usually done by clicking on the lightening bolt on the inactive Sim and choosing a skill to build. Vampire Sims only have the options to Care for Self, Switch Control to that Sim or Bring (that) Sim to the current location. I have tested this in two different saves with the same results. I did the usual troubleshooting steps of repairing the game and resetting the Sims 4 folder. The Sims used to test were made specifically either as Vampires or turned in game. The ones turned in game did have this option before they were turned.
Zero Mods Zero CC and repairing the game does not fix the issue.

Posted on Sims Forum:

http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/913316/vampires-cannot-learn-skills/p1

EQ Avid Sims Player
I do not work for EA but I do volunteer at AnswersHQ to help others with their game issues.
EAGameChanger - The Sims 4 Gallery Creator
Gallery Tag: #EQCreations
Message 1 of 7 (786 Views)

Re: [TO TEST] [V] Vampires Cannot Learn Skills through lightning bold symbol

[ Edited ]
Hero

Tested this and don't have them either but I don't have the option on a regular Sim living in the same household either.

I'll add this for now

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 7 (737 Views)

Re: [V] Vampires Cannot Learn Skills through lightning bold symbol

Hero

Added

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 3 of 7 (698 Views)

Champion (Retired)

Any news on the Vampire issue related to options for them when they are off lot? Started a brand new save with my own Vampires. One was at a community lot the other was at home. The only options were to "Care for Self" or "Switch Control to  ___"
This applies to Vampires in both locations. No option to bring the 'at home' Vampire to join the other one at the community lot. The Non-Vampire household member has all the options expected.

Options not available for Vampires on different lots

EQ Avid Sims Player
I do not work for EA but I do volunteer at AnswersHQ to help others with their game issues.
Message 4 of 7 (649 Views)

Hero

Seen the missing bring here as well on my game but it was only on one of my vampires, not the other. 

I've added it to the list, now we'll need to wait till ti can be fixed

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 5 of 7 (645 Views)

Champion (Retired)

Thank you @crinrict Heart I will just wait patiently (somewhat Clock ) for a resolution.

EQ Avid Sims Player
Message 6 of 7 (634 Views)

Hero

You can now use the Bring Here interaction on household vampires when they are not currently on the active lot.
  • …because the interaction is now present.

Bring here was fixed in Patch 1.33.38

Could you check on the others @EuphorialQueen

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 7 of 7 (552 Views)