[FIXED] [V] Vampire sim doesn't show the days lived

by Magentan

Original Post

Accepted Solution

[FIXED] [V] Vampire sim doesn't show the days lived

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Novice

As the picture shows, my vampire sim has the birthday bar instead of having whatever he is supposed to have. I read that it should show the days lived, touching the bar does nothing. He was a young adult when he was transformed and still is. 

Message 1 of 14 (3,089 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: [OPEN] [V] Vampire sim doesn't show the days lived

Hero

Sims that have been turned into Vampires should no longer have a non-functional age bar.

Fixed in Patch 1.30.103

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

View in thread

Message 14 of 14 (3,164 Views)

All Replies

Re: My vampire sim doesn't show the days lived

Hero

Vampires don't really age so I guess the.

Was he like that when you turned him or did you create him in CAS ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 14 (3,028 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice

Mine had probably 7 or 8 days left as a young adult when I turned him, so even if he aged while he was turning, he still shouldn't have had the birthday bar when he turned.  I would post a pic, but mine looks just like Magentan's.

Message 3 of 14 (2,995 Views)

EA Live QV Team

Hi @Magentan and @deagh93

Do either of you use CC or Mods?

How were the vampires created?  Did they start as children?

What lifespan do you have set for in your game options?

Thank you in advance for any information you both can provide. 

Message 4 of 14 (2,958 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice

No CC, I do have a couple mods, MCCC and an age duration tweak.  I'm on  normal span, but tweaked.  The CAS created vampires show fine, ones that are turned in game are not displaying properly.  Also, I had one turned that was displaying correctly at first, but then her age bar was filling as time passed.  I cured her, so I don't actually know if she would have ended up showing the birthday bar or not.  I don't have any born in game vampires as yet.  I won't be able to get in game until tonight or tomorrow, but I'll pull mods, load up a new save, and do some testing.  If it's the mod that's doing it, fair enough, but let me do some testing and I'll update this post.

Message 5 of 14 (2,943 Views)

EA Live QV Team

Will do. @deagh93 Thank you for the update.

Message 6 of 14 (2,934 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice

Ok, pulled my mods and started a new game.  No mods, normal lifespan.  The CAS vampire shows as he should, but I had him turn his wife so I could see what a turned in game sim looked like.  As soon as she finished turning, this is what her bar looked like.  They don't have any children as yet, but if you'd like to me to try that and see what I get, I'm happy to.

Message 7 of 14 (2,921 Views)

EA Live QV Team

@deagh93 That would be great. Thank you

Message 8 of 14 (2,911 Views)

Hero

@Magentan @deagh93 moved this to the bug forum

@IrishMadCat_EA for awareness

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 9 of 14 (2,902 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice

Note:  I repaired game before I loaded up this testing save today.  I didn't know if it would do anything, and it doesn't seem to have changed anything.

Vampire baby born and very quickly aged up to YA.  As you can see he's displaying correctly at the time of his aging up.  (that "Days Lived" of 0 is correct.  I aged him up with a cake within an hour of him coming home from the hospital).

I then played them for a day so I could see if the born in game was still showing properly, and he seems to be. (Second Pic)

His mother is still showing the birthday bar.  I was hoping her having a baby would reset it or something, but it did not.

So, to sum up, CAS vampires are showing properly, and born in game vampires are showing properly.  It only seems to be the ones that are turned in game that are not showing correctly.  I have turned sims just barely aged up and sims who are close to a transition, and it doesn't seem to matter.  Once they become full vampires they get the birthday bar.

Message 10 of 14 (2,878 Views)