[OPEN] Unable to knock the door if front door isn't on first floor

by chippodilly

Original Post

[OPEN] Unable to knock the door if front door isn't on first floor

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

Hi, my sims unable to knock the door on their neighbour house,happen after the patch update ,may 2017, i play vanilla,i build my own houses, i travel trough map, the neighbour were at home,my sims cam only peek from outside, i click the wall,fences,patio,roof and ground but there's no option for knocking the door.but this bug only appears for houses that have basement or if the front door placed on the upper level of the building, example I build a boat house above the pool or above the ground or a tree house

Message 1 of 10 (3,243 Views)

Re: [TO TEST] Unable to knock the door

Champion

Is there more than one door on the lot?

I built a house for an NPC family and when I moved them in, I found that I couldn't knock on the front door. I looked around and apparently the game thought that the back garden gate was the front door and I could knock on that.

So I went back into build mode and deleted the back gate so that the only door was the front door. That solved it for me.

The other option is to choose to play the NPC family for bit. While you are controlling them you can click on the door and choose the "set as front door" option. I don't know if that sticks as the door you chose if you make them unplayable again.

Message 2 of 10 (3,168 Views)

Hero

Were you able to knock on these before ? 

The trouble is that you can't set a door in basement or second floor as front door hence you can't knock.

Just curious if that was an issue before.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 3 of 10 (3,164 Views)

★★ Novice
Hello, yes i was able to knock the door on my tree house and my boat house's front door previously, i don't use back gate or back door, so this only happen on houses that does not landed directly on the ground.Right now i decided to build a mini warehouse or small room that landed on the ground where the front door is automatically set on it. It apparently solve my problem for now ,But aesthetically it will look weird on my building ;p especially ones that build above water (0 o)
Message 4 of 10 (3,157 Views)

★★ Novice
Yes,previously it works
Message 5 of 10 (3,154 Views)

★★ Novice
Hello, no the houses have no back door/gate, but i might going to build that gate so there will be an option for my sims to knock the door. Thank you
Message 6 of 10 (3,152 Views)

Hero

Tagging @BryonyRae to see if she has further info on this

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 7 of 10 (3,120 Views)

★★★★★ Guide

I build a house underground  , its just a stairway lead up to the surface . the door is at the bottom of the steps.. when the new neighbor came over to say hello they didn't knock on the door they just stood there waiting on me... I do have a pic though

Message 8 of 10 (3,106 Views)

Hero (Retired)

@crinrict I can't speak to the behavior pre-patch because this runs into more of a live mode issue, and I don't really play my families such that they go out visiting others (they stay at home to test my builds, and that's it :P).  However, I can confirm that currently, doors placed on upper levels or on the basement level cannot be "set to front door" and cannot be knocked on.

Message 9 of 10 (3,094 Views)

Re: Unable to knock the door

Hero

Added

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 10 of 10 (3,066 Views)