[OPEN] Tiles Becoming Glitched And Objects On Them Unusuable

by Kittybass

Original Post

[OPEN] Tiles Becoming Glitched And Objects On Them Unusuable

[ Edited ]
★★ Guide

I started having this issue immediately after the most recent patch. Basically, a section of floor/square becomes glitched, causing the item on it to have routing failures. It's happened with various objects over 3 different saves that I've tested over the past few days.  For instance, I either open the fridge or click autosolve to grab leftovers and see a routing failure. Moving the fridge to another spot makes the fridge work again. In another case, it happened with a shower, so I swapped the shower and sink around with each other. The shower in its new spot worked fine, but the sink that was now in the glitched tile did not. It also has happened with dishwashers and sofas.

Exiting the game and reloading or leaving the lot and returning sorts the issue out, but I don't know why the tiles are becoming bugged in the first place. I did not have this prior to the most recent update and now it is happening all the time. In my new save, it happened on day 2, and about 2 weeks later. In my other saves, it didn't occur until some game weeks in.

Here are a couple of screenshots to show what's happening. With the fridge glitch, I first clicked autosolve and then tried to grab leftovers from the fridge.  The autosolve one shows the fork icon above her head and grabbing the leftovers with the route failure icon is when I tried selecting leftovers from the fridge. If I actually take the food out of the fridge and put it on the counter, they can eat it.

I exited and reloaded and she was able to access the fridge again. Nothing was blocking the fridge nor did I move anything.

Then about 12 days later she was unable to take a shower. She showed a routing failure. I left the lot, returned and she was able to use the shower again.

It has happened with both EA houses and ones I've built myself. There doesn't seem to be any pattern to when or how it happens, or what item is affected. In all of these cases, it's just me filling the needs of sims before or after they get home from work. It just seems to happen at random.

I removed mods/cc before testing with this household.

Message 1 of 14 (1,925 Views)

Re: Tiles Becoming Glitched And Objects On Them Unusuable

Hero

Tagging @BryonyRae on this one.

Is this a known issue ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 14 (1,873 Views)

Hero (Retired)

No, it's a new one.  We've been discussing it on the forums here  @KittybassI know you're testing without mods/CC, but did you also clear your cache and repair the game after removing them?  Did you start a brand-new save?  Please try both of these steps if you haven't already, just to ensure that you're testing in a completely clean environment.

Message 3 of 14 (1,850 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Guide

I'm sorry, I forgot to mention in my OP that I had done a game repair and cleared my cache first  before testing with that save. I knew I would end up leaving a detail or two out!

Message 4 of 14 (1,837 Views)

Hero

I've added this

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 5 of 14 (1,822 Views)

★★ Guide

Just coming back to say that it's still happening. It hadn't occurred again since my first post, but it popped up again tonight with a different household that I've been playing for the past several days. My game is patched  to the most recent one, so it's still an ongoing issue. This time, it was with trying to get leftovers from the fridge. That seems to be the one that happens the most. I didn't take a screenshot, it was exactly the same as before. The family left the lot and returned and they were able to grab leftovers again.

Message 6 of 14 (1,793 Views)

Hero (Retired)

@Kittybass I'd like to see if I could reproduce this in my game today.  Which EA pre-made lot have you used where this has happened?  How many sims are you typically playing on the lot?

Message 7 of 14 (1,784 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Guide

@BryonyRae I've had it happen in both EA homes and my own. Twice it happened in Crick Cabana in Willow Creek. That's the house I was using for that save with the shower and fridge glitches. For that save, it was just the one sim on her own, but in the others I had prior had 2 or 3 family members. In the single sim household, the issue occurred on the second day. On the other occasions, the household had been played for some time.

I've just had another one with my current family, with my own house in Newport. This time, it was unprepared food that was glitched. This household has 2 adults, a teen and a child, I've been playing this one for about the past 5 or 6 days and had no trouble with it until yesterday and again today, and this is the only save I'm playing. There's no others in my folder. I sent the teen to make a garden salad but she kept having route failures. At first I thought she couldn't get to it because of all the kids sitting at the table, then I thought the issue was with the surface was preparing the food on . Then  I moved the food around to different surfaces and figured out that it was the food itself causing the issue. Right after that, I had her cook another meal and she was able to do so with no problem. It's such a weird giltch, there doesn't seem to be a pattern as to what makes it happen.

Thank you for your help!

Message 8 of 14 (1,774 Views)

Hero (Retired)

Just an update that I have still not been able to duplicate your issue @Kittybass.  I think at this point, it might be a case of having a dev or maybe @crinrict have a look at your save.

Message 9 of 14 (1,735 Views)

Re: [OPEN] Tiles Becoming Glitched And Objects On Them Unusuable

[ Edited ]
★ Apprentice

I have this too. It happened to my fridge, so I moved the fridge and my Sims could finally use it. I switched my fridge with one of the counters and the Sim could no longer use the counter, so OP you're right - it is the tile itself that becomes glitched. I also cleared my cache, removed all mods and CC, and repaired my game. No cigar. My property is on Proprietor's Square in Windenburg, and it's an original build. The household is composed of two adults, female and male - married, and their (child) son. The last thing my level 10 cook father Sim made was a garden salad. I then tried to have him make a dessert (a black and white cake) without having changed anything in the kitchen, and that's when the game started alerting me of a routing issue. 

Message 10 of 14 (1,724 Views)