[FIXED] Stereo animation doesn't stop

by alanmichael1

Original Post

Re: speakers are off but showing the soundwaves

★★★ Apprentice

Yup me too (clicked on me too as well & it seems to be a pretty common issues afaik ^^) 

Message 21 of 57 (1,086 Views)

Re: [TO ADD] Stereo animation doesn't stop

★★ Novice

I thought I was going a little nuts seeing a broken radio having music notes coming from it. 

Message 22 of 57 (1,082 Views)

Re: [TO ADD] Stereo animation doesn't stop

★★★★★ Novice

same here, it seems like my game is a magnet to bugs lately

Message 23 of 57 (1,060 Views)

★★ Pro

I have the same problem. I started a new game with a new sim for testing. The audio was not showing musical notes after purchasing newly because there was no audio in that starter home. I turned it on, then I saw normal green and blue music sounds effect, but it turned into orange color with orange glowing effects when I turned it off. So I doubt it could be from recent patch. Because I'm not using mods/cc in my game. 

Message 24 of 57 (1,054 Views)

★ Guide

Added a temporary Fix for the disabled Dance on Dancefloors to my Stereo Fix Mod.

Uploaded it on Mod the Sims. Same Username like here.

Message 25 of 57 (1,047 Views)

Found A Fix For Stereo Animations: Delete Options.INI and Load Game

[ Edited ]
★★★ Guide

I did not receive an update or patch to my knowledge last night or today.  But, in trying to fix an aging up problem, I removed the options.ini file in documents/the sims 4, and when I reloaded the game the animations on all the stereo devices were repaired.  Now only those that are on show the music playing animation.  Could the fix be that simple?  Just delete the options.ini file and let the game recreate it next time it is started?  Seems to have worked for me.  Update:  Closed out the game completely and reloaded.  The problem is fixed now. Wink  Latest update: I tried turning on a speaker and off again......the animation began playing again in the orange color, and turning it on allowed the music and blue animation to play...so the problem still exists Frown

Message 26 of 57 (1,042 Views)

Re: Found A Fix For Stereo Animations: Delete Options.INI and Load Game

★★★★ Pro

Sounds good, but this fix didn't change anything in my game. Also my own workaround from yesterday (selling the stereo + pressing undo arrow) doesn't work for me anymore.

Message 27 of 57 (1,029 Views)

★★★ Guide

you closed out game, deleted the options.ini file, and reloaded the game so it could recreate it?  The animations on a turned "off" stereo still play for you?  If so, weird, cause I had the problem earlier this morning, but after deleting the ini and reloading the the game, the issue with those animations was gone.

Message 28 of 57 (1,025 Views)

★★★★ Pro

I deleted the file "Options" under Documents -> EA -> Sims 4 and reloaded the game. Was that correct?

Message 29 of 57 (1,021 Views)

★★★★ Novice

same here, right after the update a few days ago. I just went to buy mode, sold the stereo system and then un-did the action and that fixed it.

But after the second household with a stereo system and sims turning it on all the time, I decided to just sell the things for good until this is fixed. I am tired of trying to find ways to work around the errors in the game Frown Frown 

Message 30 of 57 (1,019 Views)