by LiveLarge907

Original Post

[OPEN] [CL] Special events randomly starting again

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? My sim is in the social media track with living in the arts district apt with the ghost and quiet aspects. She has friends and co-workers over for a party (I've had this happen with two types of party so far). She invites a mix of friends and co workers to come to her home for a party. The bug occurs AFTER the party has ended and repeatedly respawns the party whenever one of her friends comes back to visit spontaneously. ("Your day just got 100% better!" visit, for example)
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? The party bar pops up again with the timer working but you cannot do the tasks. All the friends who were invited come back . (Example: I invited 3 co workers she was not friends with yet and 3 friends to a party, when the bug occurs only her 3 friends come back. The party can pop up at any time (when she's at work, or sleeping as well). Closing the event bar sends everyone home and the standard "but everyone was having fun" button appears.
What happens when the bug occurs? The party bar pops up again (counted over ten times before resetting) with the timer working but you cannot do the tasks. All the friends who were invited come back . (Example: I invited 3 co workers she was not friends with yet and 3 friends to a party, when the bug occurs only her 3 friends come back. The party can pop up at any time (when she's at work, or sleeping as well). Closing the event bar sends everyone home and the standard "but everyone was having fun" button appears.
What do you expect to see? I expect to hold the party once, and that's it. :P Going back to the main menu stops it, but I have to do this after every party or the respawn will happen endlessly.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? No

I don't have any screen shots or video. 

Message 11 of 16 (1,317 Views)

[OPEN] Special events randomly starting again

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice

A problem I've noticed was that after having a party event in my apartment (City Living) the same event would randomly pop up as if it was still in progress so I would have to manually x it.

Message 1 of 16 (1,674 Views)

Re: Special events randomly starting again

Hero

I'm having issues understanding what you're saying.

So you play say a birthday event and when it over, it's starts again on it's own with the goals and all ?

Or are you getting one of these key holder events with empty goals ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 16 (1,657 Views)

★★ Apprentice

I believe this is what happened (which I just experienced in game): Started a Dinner Party and it began just fine. Within a few moments all sims on the lot will reset to a short flashed T pose and stop what they are doing. The Dinner party reset with goals and music as if it was just starting but no matter what my sim did the goals would not complete. Ended the party early then sent sim to bed. The next morning the Dinner Party event randomly started again along with a key-holder event on top of it. Both events ended after just a few sim minutes and no goals were met. 

I have no CC or mods of any kind in my game. I update automatically and repair game regularly along with deleting cache files. This EP is just completely infested with bugs. 

Message 3 of 16 (1,643 Views)

Parties; when they don't work!

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

To rival the spice festival, I decided to throw a party of my own (it was no rival). Standard smile

I set up a House Party to run at home...

The timer counted down in the normal way and I realised that it's almost impossible to complete the challenges set on a normal lot, let alone in an apartment. When the party ended I was given my reward. However, as soon as the last guest left the timer popped back up with full time and started counting down all over again. You might be able to let it run a third or fourth time... You cannot go on to complete any of the unfinished challenges and I'm unsure if you get another reward at the end.

You can click the 'x' to shut the party down.

Message 4 of 16 (1,645 Views)

★ Guide

My report is along these lines, but a little different...

Parties do not finish properly, if at all...

Message 5 of 16 (1,636 Views)

Hero

@IronicBeauty do you have a save game with this going on ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 6 of 16 (1,609 Views)

Hero

Added

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 7 of 16 (1,581 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I see this topic is still open.

I bought the Sims 4 upgrade for City Living at the start of Oct and it's updated once since then.

Issue:  Self Hosted events popping up suddenly all by themselves but without advancement.

First time it happened I hosted a dinner party of friends and co workers (to make friends with them),  the entire party ended as soon as it started and it told me that I had earned a slightly used book and all my guests left.  A few seconds later the party popped up again, but only my friends  came back and I couldn't fulfill any goals on the list.

It's happened about six more times since then, including just now. 

I threw a birthday party for my co workers, cleaned up and went to bed.  Then the party started again, and only my friends came for it, while my sim was sleeping.  The interactions popped up again, and I couldn't do any of them (greet guests for example).

Also, at the latest one, I hired a caterer, a mixologist and an entertainer.   The caterer did great, you couldn't order drinks from the mixologist although she stood by the bar the whole time, and the entertainer never showed.

Yesterday the party respawned over and over, so I backed out to the main menu to get it to stop.  

I've also closed the game down completely and restarted to see if that would help.

Stats:  One female sim, social media career path, living in the haunted/quiet  apartment  in the Arts District with the aspiration of City native.

Message 8 of 16 (1,290 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

had the same problem recently.

my sim threw a birthday party, invited a bunch of others, including his pregnant wife who didn't live with him. the party started fine, until about 20 sim mins in, where it told me it had failed and it ended. there was no reason for the failure or the early ending as far as I could see. everybody left, but the next day my sim's wife turned up on the lot again (she has a key to the apartment), and the birthday party popped up again, and has done every time she turns up since. no other sims turned up though.

I'm guessing that the failure was due to her going into labour while the party was going (even though my sim didn't get the panicky icon), and then it kind of got stuck on her. the thing is though, every party from that point on got stuck on her too. even though the other parties completed, and went fine, every time she turned up the last kind of party would pop up.

unfortunately, the sims in question are now ghosts, and the odd party spamming doesn't happen anymore.

Message 9 of 16 (1,281 Views)