[FIXED] Sim stuck in pool

by oXseashellXo

Original Post

Accepted Solution

[FIXED] Sim stuck in pool

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Novice

My sim went swimming and then couldn't get out of the pool. I used the reset sim cheat a few times and it just reset her in the pool-still unable to get out. I had to delete the pool to get her back onto land.

Also, maybe unrelated, but sometimes when my sims are eating they drop under the floor, make splashing noises, swim for a moment, then pop back into their chair...

Message 1 of 34 (12,192 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: [OPEN] Sim stuck in pool

★★★★ Pro

This bug has been fixed in my game for a longer time now.

View in thread

Message 34 of 34 (8,084 Views)

All Replies

Re: Sim stuck in pool

[ Edited ]
Hero

Hi @oXseashellXo

I've seen a few reports on this issue now and would love to look at your save.

Would you be willing to share your save game ?

If so, please zip up this folder: documents\electronicarts\thesims4\saves and drop the file to this Mediafire-Link to upload.

Please make sure to name the zip file with your user name and a tag-word of the issue.

For your other issue, please see this report: http://answers.ea.com/t5/The-Sims-4-Bug-Reports/TO-ADD-Flip-Animation-on-eating-while-sitting-and-si...

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 34 (12,110 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

Same pool problem here, I have sim that can't get out of the pool and there's definitely enough space to maneuver plus two ladders.

Message 3 of 34 (12,098 Views)

Hero

Hi @hunnypots

would you be willing to share your save ?

If so, please see instructions above.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 4 of 34 (12,088 Views)

★★★★ Pro
I have the same problem with at least one big pool on a foundation. Sims finally get out of the water but it takes more than a minute. It looks like a routing conflict. If somebody wants to test this download my Mexican Pool from the Gallery.
Message 5 of 34 (12,074 Views)

Champion

I also had a sim get stuck and unable to exit the pool.

This one was on ground level with no foundation. The sim had autonomously decided to go swimming and when I tried to get him out, he swam to a corner and then stopped. I was unable to cancel his actions which were greyed out trying to be cancelled. After about a minute he moved a bit but was still unable to get out.

I don't have a save of it unforunately, as I was so freaked out that I'd never get him out, I abandoned the game and reloaded from an earlier point.

Previously to this, I hadn't noticed any problems when I've manually directed a sim into the pool to swim laps. They were able to get out of the pool by climbing out from the side. The pool even has a ladder now. But it didn't before my sim got stuck... maybe I should try removing the ladder next time it happens.

Message 6 of 34 (12,065 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

Weirdly enough, it seems to be fixed in my game now.  First, I did "testingcheats true", then I teleported my sim out of the pool.  Afterwards any attempt to swim in that pool with that sim or any other sim works fine.

I built my pool on top of a deck, if that helps any.  I can still send you a copy of the save file.

Message 7 of 34 (12,055 Views)

★★★★ Pro

I managed to fix it (for now) by altering the shape of the pool - I built a "penninsula" in the middle and now my Sims get out of the water again Angel.

Message 8 of 34 (12,047 Views)

Hero

Hi @alanmichael1

I tried your Mexican Pool from the gallery and have no issues with that.

That's still the version that's not working for you, right ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 9 of 34 (12,033 Views)

★★★★ Pro
Yes, that's the uncorrected version. I hope this was only a temporary glitch. I will observe it.
Message 10 of 34 (12,028 Views)