[OPEN] Release the spirits to the Netherworld is not working properly

by rostsit

Original Post

[OPEN] Release the spirits to the Netherworld is not working properly

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Guide

After the newest updates I've noticed ghosts are acting differently when choosing the option to "release" them. Before, they would immediately play animation and be gone forever. Now, they continue doing whatever they were doing (which means you can even move them in) and are gone whenever they like to. Moreover, if the ghost was playable, it's impossible to "release" it. Releasing doesn't affect it at all.

Message 1 of 22 (8,244 Views)

Re: Released the spirits to the Netherworld is not working properly

Hero

How many Sims did you try ?  Any mods in your game ? Does the same happen on a new game ?

I have a playable ghost myself so I can give that part a try.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 22 (8,021 Views)

★★★★★ Guide

No mods. I've tried it with two different families I've never played before.

Message 3 of 22 (8,017 Views)

[ Edited ]
Hero

I tried the following on my playable ghost

He lives alone in a household so I cheated to add a new Sim to his household (the clone of his sister he didn't know).

Anyways, I've then clicked on his urn and had no option to release him to the Netherworld but when I click on it with him, he disappeared in a cloud of smoke but the portrait remained as unclickable. I have then changed to the manager world view and back and he was gone.

I assume that's not what you're seeing ?

I don't have a unplayed ghost atm to try the other thing

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 4 of 22 (8,008 Views)

★★★★★ Guide

Well, my sims deffinately have the option to release a ghost, though it doesn't work normally. I didn't try to release a ghost by itself (I will). It seems you also have a problem with this option, even if it looks a bit different

Message 5 of 22 (7,983 Views)

Hero

Maybe it was because they didn't really know each other ? I've never played a ghost before as they usually just disappeared through culling.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 6 of 22 (7,980 Views)

★★★★★ Guide

I've tried your variant, excpt my sims were'nt strangers, they were a couple from almost  the release of the game, i.e. my first playable family. It's the same - wife (a living sim) doesn't have this option at all, the ghost can release itself. It's like another bug, but maybe still connected.

Message 7 of 22 (7,969 Views)

Hero

But you had the release option on playable ghosts before ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 8 of 22 (7,961 Views)

★★★★★ Guide

I had. And I have it now, but somehow only with newly created ones.

Message 9 of 22 (7,957 Views)

Hero

I'll add as unclear for now.

Need to test with my next ghost

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 10 of 22 (7,950 Views)