[FIXED] Sims weed objects

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

weeding objects as if they are plants.

Message 1 of 36 (5,547 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Sims weed objects

Hero

• Sims should no longer weed chess tables near their garden, when attempting to weed their garden.

This issue should be fixed with Patch 1.36 (again)

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

View in thread

Message 34 of 36 (4,232 Views)

All Replies

Hero

I changed your title to reflect your actual issue.

Did you send them weeding on plants first or did they do this on their own ?

Added

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 36 (5,412 Views)

★★ Guide

Hi in my case it only happened once and they often weed their plants so it's a very minor and quite funny event when it happens. The Sim has 4 plants in indoor planters he weeded 3 and then went into the bedroom and weeded under the dresser, then he went back to the fourth pot and finished the weeding task. Like I said it's only ever happened once.

Message 3 of 36 (5,375 Views)

[ Edited ]
Hero

• Fixed an issue where if a plant was on a location other than the ground of the 1st floor, it would cause the Sim to wander to a seemingly random spot on the lot when requested to weed.

Not sure if this applies to this but I'm marking this as solved for now.

Feel free to post if you still have the issue.

Seems this is back with Patch 1.19.28

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 4 of 36 (5,311 Views)

[ Edited ]
Hero (Retired)

I have this issue with v1.19. My sim seems to weed a random spot instead of going to the plant and make the weeding animation there.

I had mods in this game before, but not now.

Message 5 of 36 (4,960 Views)

Hero

Seen a few reports on this at the officials.

Going to re-open this.

Can everyone that has the issue please state if they use moveObjects on the house it's occurring or not.

Thanks.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 6 of 36 (4,926 Views)

★ Guide

This happened in my game too, my Sim started weeding on the very spot she was standing when I selected the "Tend Garden" interaction and she only weeded one plant at the time. But when I later selected the "Weed" interaction, she did do it properly - not sure if it always works, may have been related to the fact that she was actually standing near the plant that had to weeded at the time, may do some more testing on that.
Also, when she's in a club gathering with her gardening club (the Garden Gnomes) they keep saying there's nothing to tend while there clearly are plants that need weeding. I think it even happened when I selected the "Weed Together" interaction, so "group" weeding is broken too.

Message 7 of 36 (4,923 Views)

Hero

Are you using moo on your game ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 8 of 36 (4,912 Views)

★★ Novice

Happening to me as well. Not using mods or moo. Happened both with and without foundations (if that has anything to say) and my plants are on the ground outside my house, both in planters and directly on the ground. Just tested it, and my sim started weeding on the dinner table before going out to weed other plants. Sometimes she would only weed one at a time, but now she weeded several plants in one action.

I believe it all started with the latest patch. Mac Version 1.19.28.1210.

Message 9 of 36 (4,887 Views)

★ Novice

Just thought I would add my two cents to this thread. This happened to me about a year ago only once then recently it has been happening again every time my sim weeds. It is on  the pre made lot from dine out (the cheapest one) I added planter boxes to the front of the lot and every time he goes to the first table on the right and weeds there then goes back to the planters. It was funny at first but now it is just annoying, as him walking there and back adds more time on to weeding. 

Message 10 of 36 (4,819 Views)