[FIXED] Age group not being show on hovering over Sim

by chichinghui

Original Post

Accepted Solution

[FIXED] Age group not being show on hovering over Sim

[ Edited ]
★★ Apprentice

Okay I posted this in The Sims Forum already....http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/879167/scientist-lot-wrong-age-is-shown#latest

and I am going to post it here too now.

Whenever I have a Sims went to the Science Lot, I noticed when I scroll over my Sims' head or other Sims' head in the Lot. They sometimes show them wrong age. (like they supposed to be young adult....instead they show nothing). That issue continues to occur when I went back to my Home Lot and affect all the other Sims that never was in the Science Lot. They will show "nothing" in regarding to their age/life stage.

It will go away only when I exited the game and then re-entered back into the game that the problem is gone.

This problem is never happened when my Sims went to the police lot or the hospital lot.

Message 1 of 23 (2,695 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Age Bar doesn't show

Hero

A Sims age information in their hover-tip will no longer disappear after interacting with an object socially.
  • Your birthday? I, uh… hold still, I can’t… mouse over… wait a minute, have you been talking to the toilet again?!

This issue should be fixed with Patch 1.36

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

View in thread

Message 23 of 23 (2,551 Views)

All Replies

Re: Wrong (or NO) Age is being showed in Science Lot and after being in Science

Hero

Could you also post a picture ? That would be helpful

I do have it too but on all lots.

Does it happen for you on community lots too.

I think wrong age is a bit confusing. I would stick to no age. With wrong you imply they show as young adults when they're really adults and  similar.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 23 (2,629 Views)

Re: NO Age is being showed in Science Lot and after being in Science

[ Edited ]
★★ Apprentice

I don't have a picture and I am not sure how to do that.....If you have that, I think you should pose it)

Whenever I saw that in a home lot, I just saved the game and exited. So I never know it can also happen when they went to a community lot after going to a science lot.

But if your question means does it happen to me when I just go to the community lot alone.....no it did not happen to my game that way, it acts normal for me.

Message 3 of 23 (2,620 Views)

Re: NO Age is being showed in Science Lot and after being in Science

Hero

Unfortunately I don't have access to my game atm but it's fine.

Maybe someone else can post one.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 4 of 23 (2,612 Views)

Re: [GTW] NO Age is being showed in Science Lot and after being in Science

★★★ Pro

I thought it was because my save was corrupted.  Only one of the Sims in my science lab has their age listed under their name.

Here are the pictures:

Spoiler
02-27-16_2-41-56 PM.png02-27-16_2-42-06 PM.png02-27-16_2-42-17 PM.png02-27-16_2-42-45 PM.png
Message 5 of 23 (2,594 Views)

★★ Apprentice

Okay I was able to do a screenshot after looking into the internet on how to do it. Here is a shot after one of my Sims went to the Science and is now in my Home Lot. The Sims that is showed here is the one never been there....So I think it is definitely a problem that continues after being in Science Lot.

Message 6 of 23 (2,588 Views)

Hero

@canelacaliente does it also occur on other lots for you ? I have not been on the science lot in a long while and I still have the issue so I don't know if it's connected to that specific lot.

Added

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 7 of 23 (2,581 Views)

★★★ Pro

Yes.  It causes almost all Sims in the game to lose their age under their name.

Message 8 of 23 (2,565 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

I have this exact thing happen to me at random, but mostly during club meetings. A sim"s age disappearing off of sims info pop up over sims heads. I haven't seen this happen on the science lot though.

Message 9 of 23 (2,553 Views)

★ Pro
I've spent the last few days playing my scientist because in the past I haven't associated the loss of the life stage showing above the sim's head strictly with the science lab lot.  It had, and continues to be, an intermittent problem in my game seen on other community lots as well.  Closing and exiting the game, then restarting, has always fixed the issue.

I found on the science lot that it isn't an intermittent issue, it will be seen on a daily basis.  What I hadn't noticed before, and thought really odd, is that the stage going missing can come and go through the co-workers as well.  For example, the first day of work on the first floor of the lab, two co-workers showed the life stage and two did not.  Much to my surprise, a short time later the designation showing was actually reversed. The two that had initially shown the stage had it suddenly absent and the two that didn't show the stage, suddenly did.  I have no idea what triggered the switch.  It occurred after having the scientist perform a few tasks but I don't precisely recall  a sequence.  I know he first tried to synthesize a serum that went bad and ended up tainted, which broke the table.  I then had him repair the table but I don't recall what the next couple of tasks I had him complete before looking at the co-workers again were.  The following couple of days, none of the co-workers showed a life stage.

I then rotated away from that family for just a couple of days and then came back to it.  When I sent him to work & paused on lot arrival, it looked like all co-workers but one were showing the life stage designation.  When he got by the reception desk, however, only two kept the designation showing.  On the second day, again a couple showed the designation on lot arrival but everyone lost it when the scientist got by the reception desk.  On following days, no co-worker showed the designation, even when just arriving on the lot.  At that point, the loss of the life stage showing for the scientist and his family members after he leaves work kicked in.  The only way to get them back is to exit the game and then reload the save.

I can't say the science lot is the root cause of life stage information disappearing over sim's heads but it's sure a hot bed of activity to see the issue.
Message 10 of 23 (2,526 Views)