[BY DESIGN] Insane Number of Followers

by em5881

Original Post

Accepted Solution

[BY DESIGN] Insane Number of Followers

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice

I have level 10 charisma and decided to start social network, as soon as it started I had 8,000 followers, by uploading pictures etc it is creeping up a few at a time but cannot work out where the 8,000 came from, is this a bug ? has anyone else had this ??

Message 1 of 37 (40,303 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: [OPEN] Insane Number of Followers

Community Manager (retired)

Just to confirm here, the large # of followers when uploading a viral video is by design, especially if you have a highly Charismatic Sim. The potential issue here is just opening a channel giving you an insane # of followers (which we've been unable to reproduce). Sounds like no one's seen that recently, but if that changes, a save file would be much appreciated, thanks!

This account is no longer accepting Direct Messages. If you need to send a Direct Message, please send it to TheSimsDirect. Thank you.

View in thread

Message 20 of 37 (42,190 Views)

All Replies

Re: 8,000 followers instantly when i started social network !!!!!

Hero

Are you using mods in your game ?  If so, please remove them

See this for more information: [PLEASE READ] Usage of Mods and Custom Content 

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 37 (40,227 Views)

★★★ Novice

hi, I'm not using any mods, just the installed game with dine out and city living add ons, but thanks for the suggestion. :-)

Message 3 of 37 (40,216 Views)

★★★ Novice

my sim added a video and that gained me 1,000,000 more, now at 1,800,080 followers lol

Message 4 of 37 (40,206 Views)

Hero

When you check on your followers, do you have that many ? There's another thread somewhere where someone had an issue with the message being off.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 5 of 37 (40,200 Views)

★★★ Novice

yes, it says the same amount ... I guess it doesn't really matter anyway, amount of followers doesn't influence anything in game so ill just ignore it. just wondered if it was just me lol

Message 6 of 37 (40,195 Views)

★★★ Guide

One of my Sims gained 1 million followers after he uploaded a video and a few Sim-weeks later he gained another 1.5 million from another video. I should also mention that this Sim has maxed out charisma. And yes, the number stays the same if I have him 'Check total followers'. 

Just figured I would chime in to say that this does indeed happen sometimes, but I don't think it's a bug necessarily, but rather a new feature tied to the new social media career. The Sim I had it happen with in not in that career, but maybe they just made it possible for Sims to get a ton of followers just like how people in real life go viral and gain millions of followers. I don't know if it's linked to charisma skill or just a random occurrence. 

Message 7 of 37 (40,188 Views)

Hero

Can't find the other thread atm ..

Tagging @SimGuruNick for clarification

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 8 of 37 (40,179 Views)

★★★ Novice

not just me then lol, my sim isn't in a career either, she runs a restaurant and doesn't even have that many 'actual' friends. Its a shame you cant gain actual friends from the social media functions, or that it influences mood etc.

Message 9 of 37 (40,171 Views)

Hero

@em5881 does your Sim also have Charisma 10 ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 10 of 37 (40,143 Views)