[OPEN] Game not correctly calculating current emotion

by Hadron1776

Original Post

[OPEN] Game not correctly calculating current emotion

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

So, here's the problem: My sim is very happy, right? Well... apparently she is, despite having only 9 happy mood weight, when she's in labor (which is a +40)

Now, if she loses one of the +2 happy moodlets, she'll only have 7 weight, making her just happy. At which point, she'll become very uncomfortable due to being in labor. Why isn't she now? The +40 is definitely enough to overpower the moodlets she has...

Edit: Reloading the lot re-calculates the mood weights properly... until the next time something like this happens

Message 1 of 8 (1,185 Views)

Re: Simulation having trouble crossing multiple emotional thresholds at once

Hero

Does this happen often or was it a one time thing ? 

Have you tried switching between the household members as well ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 8 (1,149 Views)

★ Guide

Switching between household members doesn't work, but switching households does work... to a point. It'll fix the immediate issue, but bugs out again next time my sim switches from 'very' one emotion to a 'very' of the opposite polarity.

This is probably why drinking reward potions doesn't work if my elders are dangerously tired.

Message 3 of 8 (1,137 Views)

Hero

This is on an vanilla game, right ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 4 of 8 (1,131 Views)

★ Guide

Ok, I just moved my mods folder to my desktop and started a fresh save to verify this.

Still happening. I gave my sim the "Dangerously Tired" moodlet and had her drink an energized potion. Result: She's still very uncomfortable despite having a +100 energized moodlet.

Message 5 of 8 (1,122 Views)

Hero

Hi @Hadron1776

I've just tested this and wasn't able to replicate.

I used potions and the switched from very inspired to very energized.

Is it only a problem from very <emotion> to just <emotion> ?

Which cheat did you use for the "Dangerously Tired" ? 

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 6 of 8 (1,101 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

Very <emotion> to very <emotion>, opposite polarity. Try switching from a <very> positive emotion to a <very> negative emotion (or vice versa). That's where I was having the issue. (Notice the pics)

As for "Dangerously Tired" moodlet, I couldn't add it directly because that would instantly kill my Sim, so I did this:

stats.set_stat commodity_Death_ElderExhaustion 0

Message 7 of 8 (1,095 Views)

Hero

Added

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 8 of 8 (1,069 Views)