[FIXED] Underwater Flip Animation outside water

by TheAllenC-H

Original Post

Accepted Solution

[FIXED] Underwater Flip Animation outside water

[ Edited ]
★ Apprentice

When sitting and eating or singing karaoke, a sim will fall through the ground as though it's a pool, do a flip and come back up again. This resets whatever action they're doing.  This has only occurred after installing City Living.  

Message 1 of 51 (4,066 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: [OPEN] Underwater Flip Animation outside water

Hero

• Sleeping Sims should no longer sink into the ground when directed to Dream Big on a basketball hoop.
  • Sims will no longer fly away with a spin when choosing to Dream Big from a seated position.
    • You get the feeling that “dream big” was misinterpreted by engineering?

This issue should be fixed with Patch 1.36

Hopefully this address all the instances of this issue. 

Because of this and because this thread doesn't have the new bug template, I'm going to lock it.

If you still experience this issue, please open a new thread.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

View in thread

Message 51 of 51 (2,556 Views)

All Replies

Sims falling into floor/into "water"

★★★ Novice

Hey guys! I didn't see a report on this issue, hopefully I didn't overlook it.

So, the issue itself: Sims are falling into the floor while sitting as if they just fell into water, then snapping back into their seats now in their athletic wear. I haven't been playing super frequently since the 10/27 patch + City Living's release so I can't gauge how frequent this is in general, but I've caught it twice now: 

It happens for a couple seconds before they go back to normal. I haven't seen this happen before pre-patch/expac, and the only commonality between the occurrences I've seen are it being while sitting and eating though I haven't been able to force it to happen. (I wasn't controlling either of these sims when it happened) 

Technical stuff: I'm not using mods or CC, I have all the expansions and patches installed, I'm running on Windows 10. 

Message 2 of 51 (3,995 Views)

Re: Sims falling into floor/into "water"

★★★★ Apprentice

Hi roshambxo

Sims falling into the toilet and kitchen floors have been happening to me since I installed  City Life but after a kind player reminded me to reset my sim the problem has gone away now.. 

testingcheats on

Resetsim John doe ( obviously your sims name-) 

I hope something as simple as that can fix it for you too.. 

Message 3 of 51 (3,964 Views)

Hero

Added

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 4 of 51 (3,945 Views)

[CL] Sim sank into the ground while eating at picnic table

★★★★★ Guide

So, my Sim was eating in the common area in the Spice Market when he suddenly sank through the bench - there was a splash of water - and he was gone! He popped back up a few Sim minutes later and continued eating as if nothing had happened! I haven't been able to reproduce this, but I did catch a picture of the splash.

Anyone else seen anything like this? Maybe it was just a strange one-time glitch.

My Sim eating:

http://i63.tinypic.com/23upzb6.jpg

Splash!

http://i66.tinypic.com/sc9air.jpg

Message 5 of 51 (3,920 Views)

Re: [CL] Sim sank into the ground while eating at picnic table

Hero

@JasonVega2

merged with exiting thread

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 6 of 51 (3,916 Views)

Re: [FIXED] Wrong animation when changing outfits

★★★ Guide

This happens when my Sim is seated and then goes to play basketball.

No CC/Mods

Look:

Message 7 of 51 (3,901 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

My sims are doing this while using the computer. Didn't have the problem until the latest update. 

Message 8 of 51 (3,873 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Guide
It seems the problem only occurs when Sims are sitting on City Living objects and I can only duplicate this on City Living objects.
Message 9 of 51 (3,833 Views)

I've had this when Sims were at home eating in the kitchen in one of the apartment lots - the one with the basketball court in it.  They randomly dove while eating.

Sul sul from Luth!
No, I don't work for EA. Just here as a volunteer for non-DM support.
Have you backed up your Saves? Checked for broken and updated mods and CC?
Message 10 of 51 (3,814 Views)