Dissapearing/Invisible walls

by hallieally

Original Post

Dissapearing/Invisible walls

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

When I loaded up the game today, some of my walls in my largest room seemed to be gone, I could see the outside walls when I had the camera in a certain angle but when I have the walls half down or fully up, there is just a black outline around where the walls should have been. Its really annoying me at the moment so please help.

Message 1 of 25 (1,987 Views)

Re: Dissapearing walls

Do you have any mods or CC (custom content)? Try taking that out.
See this for more information: [PLEASE READ] Usage of Mods and Custom Content

Also could you add a screenshot, I think I know what you mean, but I'm not sure. 

----------------

Answers HQ Guardian

do not work for EA

Message 2 of 25 (1,954 Views)

@hallieally moved to the bug forum, and per request of Crinrict tagging @BryonyRae

----------------

Answers HQ Guardian

do not work for EA

Message 3 of 25 (1,946 Views)

[ Edited ]
Hero (Retired)

@hallieally Try to rebuild the wall with the wall tool. You don't need to remove the invisible wall, just rebuild over it.

Is this something similar to what you are seeing?

Message 4 of 25 (1,940 Views)

[ Edited ]
Hero (Retired)

I haven't yet seen this in my game, and over on the forums, a player had uploaded their bugged build to the Gallery.  When I downloaded it, all of the walls were in place in my game.  I am using a fresh save that I created after applying the patch, clearing my cache, and repairing the game (steps I always follow for testing after each patch), so I am wondering if people are seeing this in older saves, by any chance.  Also, are you building on a lot and then notice the problem, or noticing it right after placing the lot?

Edit to add that I have now witnessed the problem in a home I downloaded from the Gallery.  It appears as if the room has somehow been corrupted.  It seems that drawing a new room in place of the old fixes it, as after I did that, saved the lot to the library, and re-placed it, the walls remained.  However, other methods I tried, such as just moving the room to another location, did not work.

Message 5 of 25 (1,922 Views)

Hero

I also tried a build a German user has claimed they have the issue on and it was all fine on my game.

Graphics settings and cards will be interesting although it doesn't seem to make a difference to change them.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 6 of 25 (1,909 Views)

Invisible Walls in Sims 4 After Update

★★★★★ Novice

The second after my Sims 4 game updated, I played it and found that my houses - all of them that I have checked - have INVISIBLE WALLS! I was able to fix the problem thanks to YouTube  but when I opened the game up again, the invisible walls were back.

This is solely the result of the latest update. My game was fine before then.

What now? I can't play the game like this!

Message 7 of 25 (1,900 Views)

Re: Invisible Walls in Sims 4 After Update

@neurodoc2 moved to the bug forum, @BryonyRae do you guys have a thread where this can be merged to?

----------------

Answers HQ Guardian

do not work for EA

Message 8 of 25 (1,895 Views)

★★★★ Novice

Thank you @BryonyRae the redrawing of the whole room worked for me in the one house where this occurred for me. 

I think the issue may lie in the fact they have patched the settings for the lighting between floors as the only lot I had the issue with has a split level design.
However the fix was quick and easy and seems to stop the problem even after saving and quitting. 

Message 9 of 25 (1,874 Views)

Re: [TO ADD] Dissapearing/Invisible walls

[ Edited ]
★★★ Apprentice

This has just started showing up in my game too. I don't have any mods or cc. If I redraw the walls it fixes the issue temporarily but as soon as I leave the home lot to visit a community lot the walls are invisible again when I return.

Message 10 of 25 (1,857 Views)