[FIXED] Child sim can't go upstairs after ageing up from toddler

by xx_hayley_xx693

Original Post

Accepted Solution

[FIXED] Child sim can't go upstairs after ageing up from toddler

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Novice

My toddler update was going great until my little one aged up to a child. From that point, she has been unable to use the stairs at all. I've tried bulldozing and rebuilding different stairs but nothing works. Is this because I didn't teach her something (seems silly if this is the case, that she can never go upstairs...) or is it a glitch? Help!

Message 1 of 38 (22,390 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Child sim can't go upstairs after ageing up from toddler

Hero

• Addressed an issue that could cause a child Sim aged up from a toddler to be unable to use stairs.

Fixed in Patch 1.28.25

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

View in thread

Message 38 of 38 (6,285 Views)

All Replies

Hero

Are you using mods in your game ?  If so, please remove them

See this for more information: [PLEASE READ] Usage of Mods and Custom Content 

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 38 (22,298 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie
This is happening to mine now as well. I only levelled my toddler up to movement 4 and at level 5 is when they can use the stairs so I'm now wondering if my child can't use the stairs because I never got them up to movement level 5. I'm really annoyed. Frown and it has nothing to do with mods cause I have the problem and I'm not using them.
Message 3 of 38 (22,258 Views)

★★★ Newbie
My sims child aged up from toddler and is saying she can't go up the stairs (has the thought bubble with stairs crossed out) but her cousin just aged up from toddler as well and can use the stairs fine. She's stuck downstairs now with no bed or toilet or bathtub :/ Can't fix it. Not using any mods either. Help?
Message 4 of 38 (22,247 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Novice

Same here.  Toddler could scale 4 stories of stairs but now that she's older, she's trapped on the ground floor (and she was a "Top-Notch Toddler" too, so she learned everything there was to learn.

Message 5 of 38 (22,227 Views)

Hero

@losampow @xx_hayley_xx693 @mawkishh

moved to the bug forum for now

I'll test if I can duplicate

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 6 of 38 (22,214 Views)

★★★★ Novice

Nope, no mods. I did find a fix though. I took my teen sim (she spent the whole of her 'child' time downstairs!) to a community lot and she was able to go upstairs. When I then took her home, she could finally use the stairs there too. No idea why this worked, bit of an odd glitch! But that's what worked for me Standard smile

Message 7 of 38 (22,209 Views)

Hero

Great

Thanks for the workaround

I'll test anyways

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 8 of 38 (22,204 Views)

★★ Novice

FWIW I have the same problem, and taking the child to a community lot and having them walk up and down the stairs cured it for home, so for now it'll be the first thing all my children do as a birthday treat.

It's like the new birthday cake glitch, where you suddenly can't put candles on cakes but it fixes itself for home once you have a birthday at a restaurant.

We're being forced to take our Sims off the home lot... 😱

Message 9 of 38 (22,158 Views)

Hero

The birthday cake issue can usually be fixed by moving the cake to a table, actually. Works for me every time

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 10 of 38 (22,149 Views)