Original Post

Accepted Solution

[FIXED] Can't hire existing NPCs as Entertainer/Mixologist

[ Edited ]
★ Apprentice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Host a social event and try to hire an existing NPC as Entrainer. There are none available although there are plenty of Sims that would fulfill the requirements.
What happens when the bug occurs? I can only select a random new NPC
What do you expect to see? Option to invite NPCs that already have the requirements instead of the game having to create a new one.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. Around Dec 2016. Used to work fine before.

There's an issue when planning a social event where there's no Sims for hire showing up under Hire Entertainer and Hire Mixologist. No townies or played Sims pictures show up, just the 'hire this role' option.

Hiring a Caterer, hosts, and invited guests are all working as should. 

Message 1 of 24 (10,042 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: [OPEN] Can't hire existing NPCs as Entertainer/Mixologist

Hero

• Sims that you know that are mixologists, caterers, or entertainers will now be available to hire for Social Events your Sim chooses to host.

Fixed in Patch 1.42.30

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

View in thread

Message 19 of 24 (8,846 Views)

All Replies

Re: Plan a Social Event problem

Hero

Do you have any with the required skills ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 24 (9,930 Views)

★ Apprentice

Yeah all my playable Sims have skills and they usually show up on the list with townies who I have no clue what their skills are. It's always had some Sim listed even if it's only a few. I took out mods and opened a test save and those two categories are still empty.

Message 3 of 24 (9,919 Views)

[ Edited ]
Hero

I'm able to duplicate this

I'll add

EDIT: Added

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 4 of 24 (9,912 Views)

Re: [OPEN] Can't hire existing NPCs as Entertainer/Mixologist

★★ Pro

I have the same issue here. There are 2 sims have maxed in cooking and mixology skill in town. They never show up on the list even though they are my sim's friends. I tested this without mods folder but the issue is still going on. 

Message 5 of 24 (9,735 Views)

Cant hire my household sims as caterer/musician on a wedding event

★★★★ Apprentice

I had an issue with the wedding previously, but fixed that, now another came up. I have my household sims as friends, they have 10 in cooking/gourmet and 10 in music, but for some reason when planning a special event, i cant hire them as caterer/musician. The cook sim shows up as a mixologist though, but not as caterer.
Why is this happening, what am i missing? Please help, thanks in advance!

Message 6 of 24 (9,411 Views)

Re: Cant hire my household sims as caterer/musician on a wedding event

Hero

Hi @ShioriHaru

it's a bug

Nothing you can do I fear.

Merged your post with exiting report

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 7 of 24 (9,404 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Apprentice

What are the chances of a march patch that fixes this?

Found out, that maybe i cant hire a caterer/musician, because none of the available places have piano, nor a kitchen, maybe thats why only mixologist works (Honey Pop has bars for example)
So i decided to just skip this part of the game and just be dun with the marriage so i can finally try kids stuff, when the option of marriage got greyed out, saying something about how i have to look for another spouse cause one sim is employed by the other or something...... the guy is a painter and the woman is a criminal so, i doubt that makes any sense. Guess this marriage was never meant to happen

Message 8 of 24 (9,370 Views)

★ Apprentice

Is there any source we can monitor for when this bug is fixed or do they just not communicate anything until a patch is released through the patch notes.  Going on at least 4 months now seems a bit long for this to go unaddressed.

Message 9 of 24 (9,220 Views)

Hero

You'll have to wait until it's fixed. There's never any info in what patch which issue is fixed. Patch notes will give you a clue but sometimes not all bugs are in the patch notes so if something is not, it's also good to test if it's still an issue.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 10 of 24 (9,209 Views)