[FIXED] [CL] Social events with empty goals with key holders

by Haids1987

Original Post

Accepted Solution

[FIXED] [CL] Social events with empty goals with key holders

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Novice

I installed City Life yesterday and I noticed that anytime there is any kind of social event (and it seems like every time a Sim enters the room it's suddenly a social event!), there is a clock and progress bar, but no goals. And when I hover over the progress bar I noticed that it says "(Your Sim) is not participating in this social event." When she went on a date yesterday, it gave the same message and there were zero goals. Her guy left the date all mad and told her to never call him again! :angry:

http://i67.tinypic.com/f06sfq.png

I also noticed since the patch the other day that in the pie menu for interactions, there are blank bubbles rather than actual interaction choices. Sometimes when I click an object (bed, bathtub) the pie menu is blank as well.

Message 1 of 45 (16,927 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: [OPEN] [CL] Social events with empty goals with key holders

Hero

Giving another Sim your apartment key will no longer cause social events without goals to spontaneously occur.
  • You aren't participating in the event?
    • What event?
  • Um, the event everyone else is focused on.
    • I don’t see..
  • I understand. I’m going to need you to come with me, just some questions.

This issue should be fixed with Patch 1.36  

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

View in thread

Message 29 of 45 (13,251 Views)

All Replies

Re: City Life social glitches

★★★★★ Apprentice

I am also experiencing the social event issue. My observations:

- Appears when a sim with a key comes over

- There is a timer with an arbitrary amount of time (sometimes it's 30 minutes, other times 2 hours - unsure if it actually coincides with when the visiting sim leaves)

- There is a bar across the top that looks like a normal social event, but no goals appear.

- No mods/CC. New save.

I suppose it could be working as intended (I think something similar occurs when another sims initiates a date or night out), but it also could be a bug, so I'm not sure. Hopefully we get some clarification soon!

Message 2 of 45 (16,651 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice

I am having the same problem.  Any time a Sim I have given an apartment key to comes over, a social event begins but there is only the bar and a timer, no text or explanation.  When I mouse over event bar at the top left of the screen,  it says "[your sim name] is not participating in this social event".

Message 3 of 45 (16,632 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Guide

I've had a bizarre experience with this. The progress of the previous social event (House party, in this case) reappears, with all the objectives to complete and current ranking.

I'd assume this is an intentional system for when key holders visit, but it seems to conflict with the older social events such as dates and parties.

Message 4 of 45 (16,610 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

@Dhenny05 wrote:

I am having the same problem.  Any time a Sim I have given an apartment key to comes over, a social event begins but there is only the bar and a timer, no text or explanation.  When I mouse over event bar at the top left of the screen,  it says "[your sim name] is not participating in this social event".

Aha, I see this too. If it is as designed, I'm thinking that message should probably be removed?
Message 5 of 45 (16,574 Views)

★★ Apprentice

From searching other Sim forums it seems that the game is having issues recognizing when your sim is at home. The empty bar pop-up showing that 'your not participating in this event' should only appear when your sim is not on their home lot. 

City Living Social Event Glitch

Message 6 of 45 (16,483 Views)

★★ Novice

The thing with dates, you're supposed to kinda make a guess at it. I found that out recently. I had my sims kiss right off the bat, and a window popped up, "wow, this just gets better and better!" Then I had them sit down and have a couple deep conversations, and I got this "I love that I can talk to you for hours!", etc etc. You just have to try and remember the kind of stuff that the goals are when YOU initiate the date.

The other social event thing though, I have no idea.

Message 7 of 45 (16,372 Views)

★★★★ Novice

Also experiencing the issue with an event bar and timer popping up on screen and when hovering over it, I get the (your Sim) is not participating in this event, but it does not mention if I can do something to participate or whatever. 

If my sim is not participating, then why am I getting the event bar and timer? If I'm not participating and have no option to actually participate, I don't need to see it.

As for the thing when being asked on dates...if there is no goals showing, than why should I still reach the goals. If I need to reach goals for an event (whether I initiate or an NPC does), I should see the goals I need to reach, plain and simple. Can't expect people to just guess as to what is expected of them.

I have also experienced during a birthday party my sim was throwing that goals are not registered as reached even when they are. I had a three sim household and the task was to have 3 sims listen to the same music. I got them all to listen to the same music at the same time (was even comming out of the same speaker for all 3, but the goal just said that one sim was listening and not 3.

Guess EA needs to look at the social system, because some things are obviously not as they should be.

All these issues started for me after running the latest patch and installing City Life (which for me was on the same day).

I have no mods.

Message 8 of 45 (16,320 Views)

★★★★★ Guide

It looks from my point of view like this happens when your Sim is not the initiator of the event - just a participant. So, if Sims come to your apartment, or a Sim asks you on a date. I seem to remember this happening on dates before CL.

I wonder if it's related to the fact that I had goals at the first festival I attended - like a social event - but never again.

Message 9 of 45 (16,278 Views)

★★★ Novice
When - Sim asks mine out on a date, there are no goals etc. as intended, that works correctly. However, when a Sim with an apartment key comes to my Sim's apartment, an empty social event indicator (literally just an empty outline of the usual white box) appears with the usual timer. But again, unlike a date my Sim did not initiate, when I mouse over the empty box that does appear, a pop-up says "(your sim name) is not participating in this social event." It does not say that on dates or any other social interaction I have encountered in the game.
Message 10 of 45 (16,262 Views)