[FIXED] Successful lineage Issues

by Amiarah

Original Post

Accepted Solution

[FIXED] Successful lineage Issues

[ Edited ]
★★★ Apprentice

Hello!

My sim has had this aspiration for a while. I´ve completed 2 aspirations with my child daughter and 1 with my teenage daughter and none of them has ticked this one off.

Is there something I´m doing wrong here? I dont´t want to cheat in the completion, even if I should, cause I completed it by now, many times over.

Thanks!

/Lina

Message 1 of 39 (11,040 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: have child or grandchild reach top of career aspiration is not working

Hero

The Successful Lineage aspiration (within the Family category) will no longer fail to recognize if a child had previously completed the skill and aspiration requirements of the 3rd and 4th step.
  • Getting a child to do “work” once is tough enough, getting them to do it a second time… I’d suggest hitting up the kid exchange for a trade in.

I will cautiously mark this as fixed

Feel free to give feedback

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

View in thread

Message 39 of 39 (5,806 Views)

All Replies

Re: Successful lineage "Have a child complete an aspiration" doesn´t t

★★★★★ Apprentice

Hi Amiarah,

When you say that your sims have had this aspiration "for a while", was it prior to the December 16th patch?   There have been some issues with some aspiration goals not successfully completeing for sims that had the aspiration before the patch.   The issue has already been noted and added to the list of known issues for the developers to look into.  In the mean time, the only way to progress is to manually mark the milestone as completed.   To do this, press CTRL+SHFT+C to open the console.  Make sure the affected sim is your currently active sim, and enter aspirations.complete_current_milestone.   

Message 2 of 39 (10,910 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

Hello!

No. I´m pretty sure I got it after the december 16th patch.

I´ve got aging off, and wanted to see what happens with a kid with all aspirations completed as a child, and I´ve noticed the last two she completed didn´t count at all. Thanks for the reply. I´ll finish that one by cheats when the "Have a child or Grandchild reach the top of a career" goal has been met.

/Lina

Message 3 of 39 (10,907 Views)

Hero

Did they complete all levels of the aspiration ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 4 of 39 (10,901 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

Yes they completed the entire aspiration as in I got to chose a new one. Which is how I read the successful lineage aspiration. Not just one goal, but the entire aspiration, twice on the kid and once on the teen.

Message 5 of 39 (10,897 Views)

Hero

Added then

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 6 of 39 (10,893 Views)

Successful Lineage: max in any skill not being triggered when the child is a YA.

★★★★★ Novice

This has happened to me twice now with 2 different neighbourhoods and families after the December patch.

The first the young adult child got maximum skill in fishing and it didn't trigger his mothers Successful Lineage Aspiration: Have a child get max in any skill.

The 2nd young adult child got maximum skill in Piano and it didn't trigger her fathers Successful Lineage Aspiration: Have a child get max in any skill. 

I have had this triggered for sims when the child was still a child and they got max social skill but have not yet had it work for older childen of the Sim.

Message 7 of 39 (10,867 Views)

Re: Successful Lineage: max in any skill not being triggered when the child is a

Hero

@VeritySim Merged with existing thread

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 8 of 39 (10,858 Views)

Re: Successful Lineage: max in any skill not being triggered when the child is a

EA Staff

@Amiarah and @VeritySim has this issue happened to you again recently?

Message 9 of 39 (8,981 Views)

★★ Novice

It happened to me too! Just now. I have not been playing for so long, so everything I have done happened after the December-thing you were talking about. I have completed several aspirations with my child and teen, and the goal does not trigger with the mother Frown

Message 10 of 39 (8,969 Views)