Re: Stuck Homework

by crinrict

Original Post

Kid can't put own homework in inventory

[ Edited ]
★★ Apprentice

I couldn't find this one to 'me too', but I noticed that child homework won't let me put it back into a child's inventory 30% of the time. I've had this trouble at the park as well. I've also had trouble with non-playable children leaving their homework at my sims house if they work on it together as a group. I've had to sledgehammer the homework. Fresh save.

Message 1 of 10 (2,319 Views)

★★★★★ Guide

npc kids always leave their homework behind , and I say, fine F for your grades ..anyways that dates back to the start of the Sims 4 (not a bug) I just grab it with hand tool and delete it in build mode.

Message 2 of 10 (2,289 Views)

Hero

The homework at the park issue can be found here: http://answers.ea.com/t5/The-Sims-4-Bug-Reports/NPC-Sims-leave-homework-in-the-Park/td-p/4705669/ but just to be sure you're having the same issue @MadameButterfly, does the homework you try to put back belong to one of the children of your household or could it be a NPCs childs ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 3 of 10 (2,277 Views)

★★ Apprentice

I ran into both issues...with my own and nonplayable sim kids. For example, my sim kids couldn't pick up their own homework that they put down at the park. 

Message 4 of 10 (2,264 Views)

Hero

Do you still have a save where the issue with the kids that can't pick up their own homework is happening ?

If so, would you be willing to share ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 5 of 10 (2,253 Views)

Hero

Tagging @MadameButterfly

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 6 of 10 (2,238 Views)

Re: Kid can't put own homework in inventory

Hero

Moved to general forum for lack of feedback

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 7 of 10 (2,220 Views)

★★ Novice
@MadameButterfly @MadameButterfly I am having the same issue. Did you find a fix for your sim kids not being able to put homework in inventory. I tried buying new homework and it still says they cant use it
Message 8 of 10 (800 Views)

★★ Apprentice

To be honest, it's been ages since I've played the game. However, I do know how bugs that have long since been fixed have a strange way of resurfacing from time to time. If I were to guess, though, I probably ended up making a fresh save and reviewing to make sure that all of my mods were up to date. I am sorry that I can't be more helpful! 

Message 9 of 10 (749 Views)

Community Manager

Hi all,

As this thread has gotten a bit older now, I've locked it to prevent necro-posting.

If you're needing further help on this topic, please feel free to create a new thread so we can continue to take a look with you Standard smile 

solaire.png

Message 10 of 10 (720 Views)
sims-all-characters

Want more Sims?

Check out our Sims forums for tutorials and all things Sims.

View more

ts4-promo

Having trouble connecting to your game?

Try these steps first to clear up any problems you may have when connecting to an EA game.

Troubleshoot and test your connection

ts4-promo

Forget your EA Account ID or password?

Reset, update, or link your account information.

View More on EA Help