Sims 4 cash register glitch

by angelinamonka

Original Post

Sims 4 cash register glitch

★ Novice

When I click on the cash register to open the store or do anything, the action either doesn't show up or it does then disappears, I can't manage employees or anything. The cash register won't work. I already took out all my mods, still didn't work. How do I fix this?

Message 1 of 9 (5,469 Views)

Re: Sims 4 cash register glitch

Hero

Try resetting your user files as described in the factory reset described in this post: http://answers.ea.com/t5/The-Sims-4/FAQ-Troubleshooting-Steps-amp-Known-Issues/m-p/3621199

You won't loose anything. Just make sure to not delete any files  and make a backup.

Try on a new game with nothing added back first (start new game). If it works, put back your save game and try again. If it still works, you can start putting stuff back.

• Options.ini (or just re-set all your settings manually)
  • Tray Folder
  • Screenshots/Videos/Custom music
  • Rest of the save games (leave out slot_00000001.save which is the autosave)
  • Custom content like clothing, hair, skins, make up ....
  • Mods (one by one, making sure they all still work)

The rest does not need putting back, cause they are mostly cache files that recreate or log files that are not needed for the game.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 9 (5,463 Views)

★ Novice

Nothing worked. Should i just reinstall?Frown

@crinrict wrote:

Try resetting your user files as described in the factory reset described in this post: http://answers.ea.com/t5/The-Sims-4/FAQ-Troubleshooting-Steps-amp-Known-Issues/m-p/3621199

You won't loose anything. Just make sure to not delete any files  and make a backup.

Try on a new game with nothing added back first (start new game). If it works, put back your save game and try again. If it still works, you can start putting stuff back.

• Options.ini (or just re-set all your settings manually)
  • Tray Folder
  • Screenshots/Videos/Custom music
  • Rest of the save games (leave out slot_00000001.save which is the autosave)
  • Custom content like clothing, hair, skins, make up ....
  • Mods (one by one, making sure they all still work)

The rest does not need putting back, cause they are mostly cache files that recreate or log files that are not needed for the game.

Message 3 of 9 (5,456 Views)

Hero

No, wait with that.

Try repairing the game first (right click on it in Origin)

Also try a new game for testing purposes to see if it's save game related or a general issue

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 4 of 9 (5,453 Views)

★ Novice

It worked! Thank you!

Message 5 of 9 (5,447 Views)

★★ Apprentice

I have this issue just in one of my saves. I thought it might be caused by mods or something, I took out everything from my Documents folder (I renamed it and opened the game to make a new one). Then I tried out in a new game, it worked. I put back my saves, tray and mods folder, made a new save and it worked again. Then I went back to my older save (in which I had this problem) and the cash register didn't work. My sim has the best cash register.

Message 6 of 9 (5,001 Views)

Hero

Did you try selling it and getting a new one ?

Did you try the exiting save without mods ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 7 of 9 (4,999 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I’m also having this problem on Xbox 1, at first it wouldn’t let me interact with anything o the lot and so I went back home and to my shop - now I can interact with everything but my cash register? And for some reason the staff uniform changing option isn’t appearing, like when I click on it my cursor just freezes and I have to manually move it 

Message 8 of 9 (1,113 Views)

Hero
@630913872 As this thread is very old and doesn't use the template, it's best if you create a new thread.

Thanks.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 9 of 9 (1,095 Views)