Re: Manage Worlds Screen Build Mode Bug

by eef19526

Original Post

Hero

@CyberOps Which error code are you getting (not the long number, just the three before the :

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 10 of 84 (3,100 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Apprentice

When it happens to me I get Error Code 122.

Message 11 of 84 (3,098 Views)

Hero

@ReubenHood Not 102 as you posted in your other thread or are those two issues ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 12 of 84 (3,088 Views)

★★ Apprentice

Those are different issues. Error Code 122 is what I get when I try to enter Build Mode through Manage Worlds. The Error 102 is the error code I got whenever I tried to delete a Household which contained a Sim that my played Sim had in his Social Panel.

Message 13 of 84 (3,083 Views)

★★ Novice

I got 122 too,and my friends have encountered the same problem.please check it

Message 14 of 84 (3,057 Views)

Hero

Added

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 15 of 84 (3,052 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

The error code 122 in my game seems to be limited to lots that have Sims living in them. I tried to go into build mode in my current Sims' home because I didn't want to lose the house in the wake of the dreaded save file glitch, and started getting an error 122. These are the things I DID try before doing my experiment:

1) I tried to bring a fresh family from my gallery into my game and plop them in a house, then evict and delete them through Manage Households. Didn't work.

2) I tried to change my played family and then go into Manage Worlds to attempt to edit lots then. Still no luck.

Then I got an idea and tried to go into a lot no Sim lived in, and bam, let me right into build mode on it. To test if it was exclusive to my current active family, I even tried to go into multiple occupied lots to test the possibility of potentially self-played Sims throwing it out of whack (since the other home I had tried belonged to the Sim I used to try the suggestion above for switching families). But no occupied home in any world/neighborhood in my save game can be edited.

I somehow think this might be intentional, as you would 'generally' need to play the active family in order to modify their home, but I think the error message is a bit skewed. If it isn't a bug, it should be altered to properly say that you can't edit a home from Manage Worlds that is currently occupied by Sims. I'm going to back up my saves folder and test out whether I can move my Sims out to an empty lot and access their home through Manage Worlds with them not living in it.

-------

Post Testing: Okay, moving my played family out and then trying to go into Manage Worlds didn't help solve the problem, I still couldn't get into build mode on their now-vacant house. However, I clicked to play on another family in the game and went into play mode for that family, then went back into Manage Worlds and it finally let me edit the vacated home to save it to my library. Talk about having to find crazy loopholes!

Message 16 of 84 (3,048 Views)

★★★★ Novice
I had this (could not build/buy in manage world screen) and did testing to find out the cause. I worked with TwistedMexican and we both were able to duplicate and remove the problem. What was causing this to happen to both of us was the Sim having the Beloved trait acquired through completing the Friend of the World aspiration. The only way we could solve it was by cheating to remove the beloved trait. traits.remove_trait Legendary The code for the beloved trait is Legendary. So there is an issue with this trait that would need to be patched.
Message 17 of 84 (3,036 Views)

Beloved Trait Causing Problems

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Novice
I did testing and found out having this trait will make Build/Buy from Manage Worlds screen impossible and give out an error. I also verified that this is widespread as another user tested my results and experienced the same error.

Seems for now that the only way to fix it is to cheat and type:

traits.remove_trait Legendary

That will remove the Beloved trait and fix the issue. With all that being said & in order to have the Beloved trait, a patch would be the only way to fix it by correcting whatever is wrong with the Beloved trait that is causing this.
Message 18 of 84 (3,047 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Apprentice

Yep, I just removed the Beloved trait from my sim and had no problem entering build mode from Manage World screen. Thanks for the heads up, Eef19526!

That explains why I'm able to enter build mode by loading a secondary family, none of the Sims in that family had that trait.

Message 19 of 84 (3,032 Views)