Original Post

Accepted Solution

[FIXED] [SD] Sims visiting spas do not get massages autonomously

[ Edited ]
Champion

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? n/a
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Cats and Dogs, Get To Work, Get Together, City Living, Outdoor Retreat, Jungle Adventure, Spa Day, Parenthood, Dine Out, Fitness Stuff, Movie Hangout Stuff, Perfect Patio Stuff, Luxury Party Stuff, Spooky Stuff, Toddler Stuff, Vintage Glamour Stuff, My First Pet Stuff
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Visit any spa or a gym with a massage table available with an NPC massage therapist.
What happens when the bug occurs? No visiting townies or NPC playable sims in the background will ever purchase a massage. The massage therapists just stand around idle all day (except when they go to refil the fizzy drinks trays at the spa).
What do you expect to see? Sims in the background getting massages and making use of all the spa facilities.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? No

This is an old bug, that has been around since 2015 and never fixed but it didn't have the bug template and didn't seem to be on the current list, so I'm making this new thread.

Sims (townies) in the background at spas will not ever purchase a massage from a massage therapist. They are able to use the reflexology chairs, so they should simliarly be able to get massages, but they don't.

If you make a club and put "use spa items" as a club rule, the club members are able to use the massage tables. But regular townies visiting spas should just do that autonomously without needing me to add them to clubs.

Someone in the old thread even said they mod fixed it themselves. So it seems like it should be an easy fix for EA...

EDIT: Merged old thread into new. Old thread had 14 me toos

Message 15 of 28 (4,425 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: [FIXED] [SD] Sims visiting spas do not get massages autonomously

Hero

Sims can now again get massages autonomously at Spas.
○ Pamper Mode: On!

Fixed in Patch 1.59.73

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

View in thread

Message 28 of 28 (4,462 Views)

All Replies

[OPEN] [SD] Sims stopped using massage tables autonomously

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Guide

I think this happened since the last patch, but I'm not 100% sure. Basically all Sims at the spa stopped getting massages autonomously through the massage table (with the exception of Get Together club members who are encouraged to do spa stuff). Massage chairs and other spa activities still work perfectly. I tested this without any mods installed.

Message 1 of 28 (5,258 Views)

Re: [SD] Sims stopped using massage tables autonomously

Hero

Added

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 28 (5,211 Views)

Re: [OPEN] [SD] Sims stopped using massage tables autonomously

★★ Apprentice

Considering the opening post is so old, it scares me to think this bug has been around this long without no-one else reporting it or Maxis fixing it. Or maybe they did fix it once, but like so many bugs it finds its way back into the game.

So, yes, I spotted a few weeks ago sims no longer used massage table autonomously, but I thought it might be due to a mod. But I tested today without mods and they still will not use it autonomously. Dead in the water.

Furthermore, the animation on the Massage Chair for the hand massage is also broken. Whichever hand the NPC starts with, when it's time to move on to the other hand, the NPC will just stand there and do weird stretching arms rather than do the job properly. (Sounds familiar.)

So, massage (Spa Day) is yet another to join the growing ranks of add-on packs not working as they should.

All there's left now, is for the sweet bowl from the Halloween pack to break, and that would be everything released to date no working as they should. Should I even bother hoping for the Bowling stuff next week to be working as advertised?

Message 3 of 28 (5,091 Views)

Hero

The animation can be found here: http://answers.ea.com/t5/The-Sims-4-Bug-Reports/TO-ADD-SD-Hand-massage-animation-off/td-p/5899170/ju...

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 4 of 28 (5,074 Views)

★★★★ Guide

They still haven't fixed this? I almost forgot about it as I've been using my own custom fix. There are two separate interactions for the massage table. One is clicking on the table and then a dialog pops up to let you choose a massage therapist. The other one is a social interaction where you click on a massage therapist and then choose to get a massage. The game is supposed to push the first interaction so that spa guests would get massages autonomously. However this is broken (for reasons I don't know). I managed to fix this by adding the static commodity to the social interaction one. Now spa guests in game get massages autonomously as expected.

Message 5 of 28 (5,052 Views)

★ Pro

Sims no longer used massage table autonomously I can also confirm as just tested.

Message 6 of 28 (5,021 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Pro

Sims are not using the massage table autonomously unless they're in a club with Spa Activities set as a club activity and they're in a club gathering. I've been testing this for myself recently and I can consistently reproduce this.

I have a couple of different wellness clubs in my game and they're the only Sims getting massages from the massage table autonomously.

Hand and foot massages work correctly for all Sims, but not the massage table (I am specifically referring to autonomy here, nothing to do with animations).

Message 7 of 28 (4,997 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Pro

@manzana0807

Hand and foot massage working ok???

No it sure doesn't. The right hand hand-massage animation is broken since a long while.

Screenshot_22.png

Message 8 of 28 (4,990 Views)

★★ Pro

@LuvMySimz My post was specifically about autonomy not the animation issue. They're not the same thing. I'm sorry I didn't make that clear. I already clicked "Me Too" on the animation thread awhile back, because of the discussion with Coolspear elsewhere.

I basically made my post on this thread to show that in club gatherings the autonomy for the massage table is still working. That's it.

Message 9 of 28 (4,984 Views)