Romance Aspiration Soulmate 'Be married to BFF' will not complete.

by Saturn-Sublime

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Romance Aspiration Soulmate 'Be married to BFF' will not complete.

[ Edited ]
★★ Apprentice

My romance sim married (eloped on the museum lot of Willow Creek) his partner before the "Be married to BFF" requirement of the soulmate aspiration was active. They have maxed green and pink bars, have had the become best friends interaction and are married but this requirement won't complete. I have tried renewing vows at a wedding arch and reloading the save.

Message 1 of 14 (50,109 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Romance Aspiration Soulmate "be married to BFF" will not complete.

[ Edited ]
Hero

Sims that are soulmates prior to reaching the “Achieve Soulmate Relationship with Spouse” aspiration goal, will now auto complete that goal.
  • New and Improved Soulmate 2.0! …when your first soulmate just doesn’t cut the aspirational mustard.

This thread has several different issue so not accepting as solved but if anyone has feedback to give, feel free.

Marking this as solved and locking it. If you have further issues with this aspiration, please post here: http://answers.ea.com/t5/The-Sims-4-Bug-Reports/COLLECTION-THREAD-Aspirations-not-fulfilling/m-p/502...

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

View in thread

Message 14 of 14 (37,623 Views)

All Replies

Hero

Added

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 14 (49,867 Views)

Glitch Marry BFF want

★★★ Novice

OK so I made a family, husband, wife and kid. I've been playing them they've popped out multiple children. The husband has the romance aspiration. I finished his first one- 10 kisses and 2 dates- than the new one is -marry bff- he's already married and they have the highest amount possiable for their relationships. How can I fulfill this desire if he's already married to his bff??

Message 3 of 14 (47,924 Views)

Re: Glitch Marry BFF want

Hero

@Wi1dfire88 Moved to bug reporting

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 4 of 14 (47,916 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice
I had this problem too. If you already have a BFF, the game only allows one. It is bugged because a aspiration need five BFF. I had to destroy the relationship with existing BFF ( if both husband and wife have other BFF need to do for both. This will then give the husband the option to be BFF with his wife.
Message 5 of 14 (47,911 Views)

Hero

I think OP's issue is SLIGHTLY different since they were already BFF WITH their spouse. So technically, the wish should fulfull instantly.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 6 of 14 (47,900 Views)

Champion (Retired)

@Wi1dfire88 wrote:

OK so I made a family, husband, wife and kid. I've been playing them they've popped out multiple children. The husband has the romance aspiration. I finished his first one- 10 kisses and 2 dates- than the new one is -marry bff- he's already married and they have the highest amount possiable for their relationships. How can I fulfill this desire if he's already married to his bff??

I am wondering if the couple is married and then needs to Marry BFF will renewing vows work?

EQ Avid Sims Player
I do not work for EA but I do volunteer at AnswersHQ to help others with their game issues.
EAGameChanger - The Sims 4 Gallery Creator
Gallery Tag: #EQCreations
Message 7 of 14 (47,826 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Same type of issue with me.  My wife and i thought it would be fun to build seperate sims and make them single in game, but then meet and get married.  Because i have a little OCD about achievements i was extra careful to make sure her and my sims both were at the stage of the soulmate aspiration that called for "be married to BFF".  We met the criterial, i know this becuase i proposed to her and we got married,  i completed the aspiration and she didn't.  when i looked at our relationship before marriage it said a list of things like;  lovebirds, best friends, engaged, and like 1 or 2 other things.

So i guess the bug is that if both sims have the same "be married to BFF" only the active sim gets credit for the achievement (aspiration stage).

Message 8 of 14 (48,484 Views)

★★★ Newbie
You have to go into friendly and click the interaction become BFF, I don't remember how I got the interaction to pop up, but that's what you have to do
Message 9 of 14 (47,649 Views)

★★ Apprentice

I have found that all relationship based aspirations are broken.

I have a teen sim, she has the friends of the world aspiration, I figured i would wait for the impartial bug patch to see if anything fixed.

However it didn't, Despite her having around 7 friends it still only shows her as having 4.

As for her parents i am trying to make them do the soulmate aspiration, it says they need to be "soulmates" to progress, but they already are.

I tried resetting them, i tried giving them new aspirations and then going back, but the game still will not register the teens friends or the parents as soulmates in the aspirations

Message 10 of 14 (45,604 Views)