[FIXED] Sims weed objects

by elusaphi

Original Post

Re: [Re-OPENED] Sims weed objects

[ Edited ]
★★ Guide

I started having this a month ago but I never really noticed this as my planting boxes were across the lot so it was more like my sim was just weeding the wrong plant.  On a new lot, I have the plant boxes from front to back and weeding takes place inside the house under the dishwasher, on the back deck under the chess table and way back under the art easel.  I do have mods and they are up to date but I do NOT have MOO on nor have I used MOO on this lot.  The weeding was requested but it's as if the objects seem to have a higher weeding priority than the actual plants.  While I haven't tested this, it seems as though it may only happen if another object is within a certain distance from the plant requiring weeding.

Edit:  Moved dishwasher, chess table and art easel to the other side of the lot and now the plants are being weeded under the stove.  These items were moved without MOO.  Interesting to note that the punching bag is as far away as the stove but is not selected as a weedable item.

Message 11 of 36 (1,556 Views)

★★ Guide

I've just started having this problem too. I've never used mods or CC, and I've never used MOO on the lot where I noticed the odd weeding behavior. I'm on Mac OS 10.10.5 (Yosemite), all expansions and packs.

Message 12 of 36 (1,539 Views)

★★ Apprentice

It's all a little bit mixed up: I usually use "Tend Garden", but I noticed that the Sims forgot to weed the plants. Later I noticed that they weed plants occasionally - sometimes they treat all plants correctly, sometimes they weed just a few and sometimes they don't weed at all. When ordering a Sim manually to weed, there's a high chance that they weed any other object in the neighbourhood (BBQ, workbench, TV... whatever is available).

Message 13 of 36 (1,532 Views)

★★ Novice

This is happening to me too.  I find that they just ignore the weeding altogether if I use Tend Garden.  If I use Weed, Sims will do it, but they wander into the house and look like they are weeding the sofa or something.  It does work though i.e. the weeds do disappear.

Message 14 of 36 (1,523 Views)

Re: Sims weed objects

★★ Guide

I've recently seen this again too, I have no mods and rarely use moo but I have lots of houses from the gallery. 

Message 15 of 36 (1,513 Views)

★★★ Novice

Similar things happening to me too since the patch a few days ago.  The gardener shows up, stands around for a few minutes, then says shes done, but nothings been weeded.  Send my sims out to garden with the 'Tend Garden' command and they will take care of  the plant I clicked and maybe one other, then leave.  When I clicked each plant and said "Weed", they weeded the garden where they were standing, in this case, the kitchen, and the weeds outside disappeared.  I've repaired the game and I do not have any mods/Move Objects.

Message 16 of 36 (1,491 Views)

★ Novice

I got the same problem since the lastest patch (PC Version 1.20.60.1020).

I repaired the game. I also erased the lot (where the problem occurs) and placed it again from the gallery. However, it could not be fixed.

Message 17 of 36 (1,473 Views)

★★ Novice

This has been happening for a while. When my Sim wasn't next to a plant, and I told her to weed, she started weeding in place, and pulled daisies, out of the chessboard. It cancels other weeding actions, so they can't be queued. Each weed must be clicked & individually taken care of. This happened most of the time. In a brand new game, on a new computer, the same thing happened. In all cases, no mods & no exotic architecture.

Message 18 of 36 (1,453 Views)

★★★ Novice

I've been having this problem too, pretty much the same as NNoob1 has described. No mods or CC, loads of space for proper weeding to happen because it used to before this patch I'm sure!

Message 19 of 36 (1,430 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

My Sims love to weed the mailbox!

Message 20 of 36 (1,408 Views)