Re: graft

by crinrict

Original Post

Betreff: [RE-OPEN] Spliced Garden Shoot inventory glitch

[ Edited ]
★★ Guide

Ever since the last patch, I'm having the same issue as VIRULICHT. I've tried taking cuttings from home-grown plants, wild ones and even from the debug ones – nothing seems to work. I do use some custom content, but this doesn't seem to be the cause of the problem, since clearing my mods folder didn't have an effect on it at all. Deleting the caches and repairing the game also didn't help.
It's a pity, I always liked gardening most.

Message 51 of 78 (1,189 Views)

Re: [RE-OPEN] Spliced Garden Shoot inventory glitch

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

Why has this not been fixed yet?! This bug is literally THE reason I stopped playing! And every time I log back in to see if Gardening has been debugged, I find out that they got it working again for a few days before it started bugging again! It's a serious problem when players who hate the idea of cheating are actually considering doing it just to make the game playable! I apologize for my tone, but this is REALLY upsetting!

If I take a cutting from a wild plant in my area, not only does the cutting leave the original plant information blank so I can't graft it to anything, but the plant I took the ONE cutting from IMMEDIATELY DIES! And if I try to take cuttings from other areas, the cutting just becomes a generic "Garden Cutting" the second I travel back home!!! This is really, REALLY frustrating because basically the main reason I play is to do gardening, and its the one thing that doesn't seem to be working! Can someone please please tell me how to get this working again?! I am running a clean, unmodded game with everything but the "kids stuff" pack. I've tried deleting all old savegames and even doing a complete re-install, but nothing is working. 

Message 52 of 78 (1,135 Views)

Hero

Unfortunately, I haven't seen any workarounds to this. There might be a mod out there that fixes it.

Do you have the same issues with home-grown plants or do these work ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 53 of 78 (1,118 Views)

Grafting to plant bug

★★★ Newbie

After recently purchasing Sims 4 with the latest update and playing with no problems with the grafting action, my sims can no longer graft onto plants.
They perform the whole action and the option is still there but the plant never changes and the cutting remains in the inventory.
Can someone help?

Message 54 of 78 (1,113 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie

I recently purchased Sims 4 and one of the first skill I tried to learn was gardening. I attempt to grow the Death Flower but this bug has prevented me from going anywhere. I can only use the cuttings from the plants I grew from the Starter Seed Packets. All cuttings from wild plants are unspecified and unusable. I only have the original The Sims 4 without any expansions if that matters.

Message 55 of 78 (1,081 Views)

graft

★ Novice

My sims cant graft on any plants. She goes to do the action and either Ts or just resets her postion. ive tried it on many plants and made sure nothing would block her from grafting but she still will not graft.

Message 56 of 78 (1,033 Views)

★★ Guide
Greetings,
Have you tried the standard troubleshooting procedure?
Remove mods and custom contents if you have any.
Try repair your game and see if the issue persists; to do that, click on the gear icon and select “Repair Game.”

Report back if the problem still exists.
Message 57 of 78 (1,018 Views)

Re: Festival Harvestable Plants

[ Edited ]
Champion (Retired)

28 January 2017
Player: EuphorialQueen
New Sims 4 folder / Zero Mods / Zero CC
All EPs, GPs, SPs and the latest Patches.
This is a new save started after installing Vampire EP.
Game checked for updates and Repair done before opening to play from where I left off.
Issue: (Known) Plants spawned at Festival show Good quality until harvested then revert to Normal quality.
Issue: (Added) Unable to splice plants. Was able to collect cuttings but they generically labeled "Spliced Garden Shoot Plant shoot taken from: (blank)". Or "Spliced Garden Shoot A cutting from a garden plant used for grafting."
Sim exhibits the grafting animation but there is no change and there is no evidence of the plant being spliced.
**The plants I am trying to splice to might be strawberries from the Festival.

Some of the cuttings are from Wolfsbane and the Plasma Tree in Forgotten Hollow.

graft issue 012817.JPG

EQ Avid Sims Player
I do not work for EA but I do volunteer at AnswersHQ to help others with their game issues.
EAGameChanger - The Sims 4 Gallery Creator
Gallery Tag: #EQCreations
Message 58 of 78 (1,009 Views)

[ Edited ]
Hero

Hi @Stevure

merged your post

Grafting is currently a bit bugged. Especially if you graft from wild plants.

Did you graft from wild plants ?

@EuphorialQueen Moved your post. Sounds more like this issue

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 59 of 78 (1,006 Views)

Champion (Retired)

Whew! Thank you @crinrict I thought it got lost in the shuffle Standard smile

EQ Avid Sims Player
I do not work for EA but I do volunteer at AnswersHQ to help others with their game issues.
EAGameChanger - The Sims 4 Gallery Creator
Gallery Tag: #EQCreations
Message 60 of 78 (975 Views)