[FIXED] Kids can't drink rootbeer or cream soda

by peterskywalker

Original Post

Accepted Solution

[FIXED] Kids can't drink rootbeer or cream soda

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice

It seems as if kids are not able to drink rootbeer or cream soda from the get together expansion pack. When they click on the drink, the only option is to clean up, unlike adults, who get the option to drink as well. This is obviously a mistake, as children have the option to order these drinks in dine out. When children order these drinks in dine out, the drink comes, but they o not get the option to drink it, nor do they automatically start to drink it.

Message 1 of 20 (4,751 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: [FIXED] Kids can't drink rootbeer or cream soda

Hero

Fixed again in Patch 1.37.35

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

View in thread

Message 20 of 20 (3,964 Views)

All Replies

Betreff: [OPEN] Kids can't drink rootbeer or cream soda

Hero

Verified and added

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 20 (4,645 Views)

Re: [OPEN] Kids can't drink rootbeer or cream soda

★★★ Guide

I too have this issue.

my game is so buggy and I don't have mods.

I've tried uninstalling and reinstalling multiple times.

Message 3 of 20 (4,335 Views)

Hero

Children can now drink Rootbeer Floats and Cream Colas…
  • It's up to you to determine how many floats is one float too many.
    • It really is a personal choice, and you should evaluate each float against daily float habits.
  • Remember, wait at least an hour to float after a float.
    • And never let friends float who have over floated.

This has been fixed in patch 1.12.102

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 4 of 20 (4,306 Views)

Sims can no longer Drinks from glasses on counters.

★ Guide

This means that drinks prepared for children, the kids can't drink. Adults can drink from drinks that are set on counters. I had a mod that allowed me to buy drinks from build mode and place them. Very convenient. Now doesn't work. I assume this is because they wanted to allow toddlers to swipe food from counters, but not drinks in order to forced them to just use the sippy cup. But what about the kids? I would rather the toddlers not swipe food, rather than this crippled function for everyone one else.

Message 5 of 20 (4,174 Views)

★ Guide

Problem is back with Toddler patch. Apparently since they want toddlers to swipe food but not drinks, the option has been broken again.

Message 6 of 20 (4,190 Views)

Re: Sims can no longer Drinks from glasses on counters.

Hero

Did you remove that mod ? It's probably no longer compatible and needs updating.

Is this happening with or without mods installed ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 7 of 20 (4,166 Views)

Hero

Please see your other thread

Also, can they also not drink it in restaurants or just from the counter as you described in your thread ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 8 of 20 (4,175 Views)

Hero

And it's broken again after Patch 1.26.96

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 9 of 20 (4,152 Views)

Hero

Added back

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 10 of 20 (4,128 Views)