[PLEASE READ] Usage of Mods and Custom Content

by crinrict

Original Post

[PLEASE READ] Usage of Mods and Custom Content

[ Edited ]
Hero

The Sims series wouldn't be what it is without Mods and Custom Content. A lot of people use it and that's totally fine. EA doen't official support mods though and you'll be using them at your own risk.

• A mod is something that changes the game code and because of this, each and every mod needs to be checked with every new patch or they can cause issues.
  • Custom content such as clothing and hair can also become obsolete but not as often. 

For the bug forum, this means that you should

1. Test your game without mods
  2. Remove all your mods BEFORE the patching process and only put them back if the creators says it's ok to use.

Please do NOT report anything before you have done this. There's a lot of legit issues around and EA doesn't look into errors with mods. You need to take these to the creator of the mod.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 1 of 2 (154,960 Views)

Outdated Mods

[ Edited ]
Hero

Known issues to be caused by Mods

Compiled Lists for broken mods

luthienrising creates lists of outdated mods with almost every patch. I'll list them below but be aware that those list only reflect a momentary status. Once updated, mods are fine to use until the next patch

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 2 (125,223 Views)