[BY DESIGN] Weird Facial Expressions

by uncreativeirene

Original Post

Accepted Solution

[BY DESIGN] Weird Facial Expressions

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Novice

Hello! Since the 07/14 patch, I've noticed my Sims' facial expressions have become unusual. I opened up my game, and one of my Sims was confident, but the idle animation for a confident Sim wasn't the same as before. One of his eyes was a little squinty, while the other was not, and he blinked rather slowly. When he was happy, both of his eyes were squinty, like, the lower eyelids were being pushed up a little, and again, he was blinking slowly. When he was sad, his eyes were more wide open.

I immediately ran my game with mods disabled, hoping it was a problem caused by a mod, but to my dismay the facial expressions remained unchanged.

Is this something that came with the patch? Thank you in advance for any further replies.

Message 1 of 19 (3,630 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: [OPEN] Weird Facial Expressions

Community Manager (retired)

I also went back to check, and it appears that this interaction (Share Big News) has always looked like this. Here's a screenshot from the October 1st, 2014 patch.

This account is no longer accepting Direct Messages. If you need to send a Direct Message, please send it to TheSimsDirect. Thank you.

View in thread

Message 14 of 19 (3,978 Views)

All Replies

Re: Sims have weird facial expressions since new patch?

Hero

Could you post a video or at least a picture, thanks

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 19 (3,607 Views)

★ Apprentice

i have noticed this too.. my sim's eyes look way to wide when they're sad. now they look terrified than being sad :\ also i don't know if it's just me but the speed for some specific walkstyles seems to be changed... when the sim is tired/sad/have sluggish walkstyle their walk speed is faster than usual.. and when they need to pee their walk speed is slower than usual.. i did create a new game and remove my mods folder..
some videos to show
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2lkmnBprEhM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=39zoi5bUVhM

Message 3 of 19 (3,573 Views)

Re: Unusual walking animation

★ Apprentice

thank you.. :') also i forgot to mention this but sim's eyes when they are sad/uncomfortable opens too wide it looks like they're scared than being sad..

Message 4 of 19 (3,548 Views)

★ Guide

I'm not sure if my problem has to do with the patch, I've been seeing this in my game for a while. No matter the trait (like or dislike children or family life etc.), all my male Sims always pull this face when the females are sharing big news. It's quite frustrating, it seems no one in my game likes babies. Confused

Message 5 of 19 (3,530 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Apprentice

I made a post on this here, and I was encouraged to report it here, so, here I am!

When the spouse/boyfriend/girlfriend gets the "big news", their mouths are glitching:

Also when family members get the big news:

Also in yoga:

Message 6 of 19 (3,391 Views)

Hero

Is this still an issue ?

@heidiixoxo @uncreativeirene @NevisDreams @bernnegi

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 7 of 19 (3,310 Views)

★ Guide

Yes, it's still an issue. I just tested it. It was fixed for a short time though when audio was out of sync and they talked with closed mouths. Once they fixed that this issue was back though.

Message 8 of 19 (3,306 Views)

Hero

Is this the same as this: http://answers.ea.com/t5/The-Sims-4-Bug-Reports/TO-ADD-Facial-expression-getting-stuck-after-shower-... ?

@NevisDreams

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 9 of 19 (3,302 Views)

★ Guide

No, I don't think so. The mouth doesn't stay stuck, the Sim goes back to the mood they're in right away.

Message 10 of 19 (3,297 Views)