Original Post

Accepted Solution

[FIXED] [V] Vampire breaking in on community lots

[ Edited ]
★ Apprentice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Often (50% - 99%)
What is your current game version number? n/a
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Play the game on community lots for a while until a vampire shows up. Then try travel home
What happens when the bug occurs? When trying to travel home from a community lot, I get a message that I can't leave cause a Vampire is currently breaking in.
What do you expect to see? No Vampire break-ins on Community lots.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

I havent found a post relating to my problem.
My Sim is at the Arts Gallery and can't leave and I cant save, all because it says "You can not do this while a vampire is breaking in"
One: It's not my home.... it's a public lot
Two: There is no vampire trying to break in
Three: I AM A VAMPIRE!!!
Help, can't save and dont want to lose progress.

Message 1 of 95 (19,244 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: [OPEN] [V] Vampire breaking in on community lots

Hero

Fixed some circumstances where Vampire NPCs could appear at a venue and prevent the player from being able to save the game.

Fixed in Patch 1.51.75

Yeah more fixes for this .. going to mark it as fixed yet again ... waiting for reports that it's not fixed as always :D

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

View in thread

Message 95 of 95 (6,137 Views)

All Replies

Re: [TO ADD] Vampire breaking in...

Hero

Hi @AlyraJayne

moved to the bug forum

I don't think there's much you can do Frown

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 95 (18,984 Views)

Re: [TO ADD] Vampire breaking in on community lots (or not)

★★ Novice
I just ran into the problem, but I found a vampire walking not even near the art gallery and I talked to him ( normal conversation, anything works ) and I was able to go home after meeting him! Hope it helps!!!
Message 3 of 95 (18,960 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Apprentice

I did that also, as he was a friend... didn't work. (Talk to vampires close to the place I was stuck)
Thankfully I must have saved just after getting to the Art Center and left quick smart this time.

Simple little bug, but alittle annoying nonetheless

Message 4 of 95 (18,885 Views)

★ Pro

Yes. Here: http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/910834/cant-go-home-because-a-vampire-is-breaking-in#late...

"My Sim, a half-alien, could not go home following the Spice Festival because "You cannot do this while a vampire is breaking in!" What does that mean? Does it mean a Vampire was breaking into his house? He lives in OS. I also could not travel with the map. Same reason given. When I tried to "Exit" the game it said I would be leaving it in an unstable state.

I finally solved the problem by having my Sim "Mind Control" a Sim in the vicinity that was obviously a vampire - he was zooming around as a bat - to "Sleep." But I don't understand what was happening. Is this a bug? Did I miss something? Was his house being broken into? His wife was home. The only thing to "break into" at the Spice Festival is the karaoke bar."

Message 5 of 95 (18,842 Views)

Re: Vampire breaking in on community lots (or not)

Hero

Added

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 6 of 95 (18,749 Views)

Re: Vampire breaking in on community lots (or not)

[ Edited ]
★★ Apprentice

Yep, I have also had the 'cannot go home because a vampire is breaking in' notification a couple of times where my non-vampire sim was out with Boyfriend Caleb Vatore once at the Windenburg Discotheque Pan Europa and once at the Casbah Gallery in Myshuno's Arts Quarter.

Message 7 of 95 (18,649 Views)

★★ Novice
Spoiler

No CC/Mods here.

I had this one too while my sim was at a club in Windenburg. Very annoying...

The way out that worked for me: I had my sim speak to the vampire, clicked him and selected "Invite to..." (in the Actions menu, I think). This did bring me to the map and I selected my home.

Once they got there, I had my sim ask him to leave and he did.

(I don't know if this will work in every situation. My sim was friends with the vampire. I'm not sure whether the "Invite to... " option is available with a vampire a sim just met...)

Message 8 of 95 (18,586 Views)

★★ Apprentice

I had the same problem at the Romance Festival. The lot type placed  next to it is General. I had to wait for a few sim hours to be able to go home, I tried reset the vampire sim, reset my sim, nothing worked. 

Message 9 of 95 (18,495 Views)

★ Apprentice

Just had the issue at the Romance Festival.

My poor vampire clan was stuck at Planet Honey Pop for most of the day as I tried to reset every vampire in the vicinity to fix the problem & there were many. (At least 5 beyond my 4. I guess vampires need love too.) Anyhow, I'm unsure if that did it because it did take a while after resetting everyone I saw or maybe the vampire burglar either got what they wanted or just gave up. I guess we'll never know.

Message 10 of 95 (18,459 Views)