[FIXED] [V] Random Sims have pointy ears

by BlueCatRose

Original Post

Re: [bug report] Non-vampire Sims with sharp ears.

Hero

Just to be sure: Can you not drag anything at all or does it not stick after you did ?

Seems to be working fine for me so have you tried a fresh game for testing purposes ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 21 of 37 (1,271 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Apprentice

@FaeryElise
Hey, is your sim by any chance pregnant? I've had this issue when my sim was pregnant, couldn't edit her completely until she had given birth.

EDIT: I don't know if it's a bug or intentional but might be worth looking into.

Message 22 of 37 (1,263 Views)

★★ Novice

She was pregnant during most of my testing, and I had the problem after she gave birth, but turns out a reset of my computer after that fixed it. So I suppose it's a pregnancy thing then. Curious... The elf ears are still there though :P

Message 23 of 37 (1,251 Views)

Hero

Can you change them now ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 24 of 37 (1,247 Views)

★★ Novice

yup, it works as it should. Though some elves are still running around, they're just rare as most of my sims were created after the vamp pack.

Message 25 of 37 (1,227 Views)

Re: [OPEN] [V] Random Sims have pointy ears

Hero

Added this

For now, just fix them manually

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 26 of 37 (1,195 Views)

★★★ Newbie

So, I don't use mods or anything and have the "elf ear epidemic" running through my population. After I investigated it further...I found that it's only being affected by one set of ear choice (the center ears). My guess is when the Vampire expansion came out one of the vampire ears were re-meshed from these ears. After the recent update of fixing the eyebrow sliders to better accommodate some hair styles those ears got a glitch in their matrix. They can be fixed VIA CAS, However. That would take forever for me to do cause I have a huge custom population. I'm kinda bothered at the fact that updates aren't more thoroughly play-tested before release. Simple, EVEN if this is updated/fixed the damage is done and now to manually fix ear sim individually will be a very time consuming JOB for something that's supposed to be a fun game.

-annoyed     

Message 27 of 37 (1,180 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

I have this problem and I don't use any mods. My Sims were created before the Vampires Game Pack came out.

Message 28 of 37 (1,151 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

Do we still have to manually fix the ears in CAS with cheats?

Message 29 of 37 (1,149 Views)

Hero

Hi @Voltron-Games

for the moment, yes, that's the only way. 

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 30 of 37 (1,139 Views)