[FIXED] [V] Random Sims have pointy ears

by BlueCatRose

Original Post

Re: My sims have pointy ears

Hero

I can reproduce this with the Sims you guys have linked and my theory is that when they fixed the point ear issue for vampires, it affected some Sims that weren't supposed to have pointy ears.

Do you remember if the Vampire pack was out when you uploaded these Sims ? Did you have cc/mods in when you uploaded them ?

I'll add this for now but it's one of these issues I wouldn't hold my breath for a quick fix.

It's probably easier if you just fix them yourself.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 11 of 37 (1,332 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Guide
I made and uploaded both of them before the vampires GP came out. Even before the pre pack patch. I haven't used any cc in either of them.
At the time, I probably had MC command center in my mods folder. And maybe pose player and teleporter, possibly a couple of in-game only pose packs. Though my game might have been completely vanilla as I was only working in CAS and build mode at the time.
Message 12 of 37 (1,323 Views)

Hero

Don't know if you tried this but could you do the following

• Make sure the game is vanilla
  • Download either Sim
  • Fix the ears
  • Reupload to the gallery
  • Re-download the new version 
  • Check if they got pointy ears

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 13 of 37 (1,310 Views)

[bug report] Non-vampire Sims with sharp ears.

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

After the 25. of may update, I've encountered several sim that are not vampires having the sharp ears. The first was a part of my household, so I just edited it, but the 2nd is an NPC so I have to go into her household game to fix it or use a cheat code, which won't work cause the CAS sometimes won't let me edit things anymore... Like I for some reason cannot change their body shape anymore. Since I could change the ears on my household sim though, I believe I would be able to fix it with this sim if I can find the right cheat.

Please fix this infection of elves in my neighbourhood! It's freaking me out.

EDIT: I've played a little more in the CAS and it appears there's only female sims I cannot alter the appearance of. Every body part is unable to be edited and as a result, my sim is left with far too big *. Even when it was the right size before the update. This leaves me from unelfing the female sim that got sharp ears as well.

Message 14 of 37 (1,296 Views)

Re: [bug report] Non-vampire Sims with sharp ears.

Hero

Hi @FaeryElise

merged your post.

Editing issue: Are you using mods/cc in your game ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 15 of 37 (1,286 Views)

★★ Novice

The sims affected seem to all have been made before the vampire pack. Guess there's something there.

I cannot alter one of them myself as she's a female and they are currently broken in the CAS. I can fix all the male though and it doesn't seem to reoccur once I've fixed it. So far at least. Haven't tried to reload the game.

Message 16 of 37 (1,279 Views)

Hero

Did you see other reports that editing females are broken ? I haven't tried but I will tomorrow.

Did you see my question above about mods/cc ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 17 of 37 (1,272 Views)

★★ Novice

I haven't seen any post saying it's specifically female, but I saw one titled something about CAS not working, but didn't open it. I can see if I find it for you if you haven't already.

As of the mods, I don't use any mods or homebrew items. I like to stick with what EA/Maxis make for me.

Message 18 of 37 (1,267 Views)

Hero

Edit in CAS was broken before this patch but should be fixed.

I'll check the cheat tomorrow

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 19 of 37 (1,261 Views)

★★ Novice

Well I still have the edit issue. The female model won't allow me to change anything on her besides the clothing, colours and the bar on the right that modifies muscle and fatness. That is both with and without the testingcheats and cas.fulleditmode enabled.

Message 20 of 37 (1,254 Views)