[FIXED] [V] Random Sims have pointy ears

by BlueCatRose

Original Post

Accepted Solution

[FIXED] [V] Random Sims have pointy ears

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Novice

After newest patch my sims have pointy ears. My normal sims never had pointy elf ears before.

First picture is after patch 2nd before patch.

Message 1 of 37 (7,702 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: [TO TEST] My sims have pointy ears

Hero

Sims that randomly decided to cosplay and have pointy ears have now revert back to their normal selves.

Fixed in Patch 1.58.63

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

View in thread

Message 37 of 37 (6,044 Views)

All Replies

Re: My sims have pointy ears

★ Guide

Same here, although it seems to be isolated to two young adult males in my game/Gallery. I checked all the Sims I put on the Gallery since and some I put on there before, but only these two have the issue.

The Gallery versions of these Sims also have pointy ears when downloaded into the game - both of them were originally created in CAS as "human" Sims and never had anything to do with supernatural pointy eared creatures. Find them here and here.

That said, the workaround is fairly easy and works well. Take the affected Sim into full edit mode in CAS (type cas.fulleditmode into the cheat console and then modify the household in CAS via manage worlds or through the dresser/mirror if it's the active household), click the ears, go to detail edit mode and try to change the pointy part of the ear, it'll snap back to its default round form.
But it would be very annoying if you had to do this for every single one of your Sims.

Message 2 of 37 (7,624 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Novice

Except for me it seems to be more than just this household. Everyone besides Caleb Vatore has pointy ears and the legacy heir spare i kicked out has pointed ears. I'm going to investigate more, but as of before i just closed my game and refuse to play. The ears annoy me. I will need to check sims outside of my legacy heir spares, will do that when less annoyed.

Message 3 of 37 (7,623 Views)

Hero

Do they stick if you change them ? Any mods/cc in your game? 

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 4 of 37 (7,586 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Novice

I got to annoyed earlier that i didn't bother to save THE game tbh. I have the MC commander! Lots of clothes etc. But the Still had pointy ears in a pre new patch save, even without CC.

Message 5 of 37 (7,579 Views)

★ Guide

From what I've seen so far they just remain normal after changing them.

I do use mods, but they have the pointy ears even when I remove my mods folder so it's unlikely it'll be related to the mods I use.

Message 6 of 37 (7,577 Views)

Hero

Does it  happen on a new game withfreshly generated Sims Folder? 

I really need issues throuougly tested on vanilla games cause there was too much: It's a mod issue when it's not in the past. y

I'll test this when I get a chance

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 7 of 37 (7,570 Views)

★ Guide

I reset my Sims 4 folder, started a new game and loaded my guys from the Gallery - they still have pointy ears.

I also took my template save from backup - they're both in that one - and loaded their households - pointy ears.

So I'm guessing it's related to the Sim itself? Maybe if their ears come from a certain preset? Or are modified in a certain way? Because most of my Sims aren't affected by this bug - or it is just completely random.

I don't know what happens if anyone else grabs my guys from the Gallery and puts them in their game - I've provided the links in an earlier post.

Message 8 of 37 (7,535 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

I saw a few sims in my world have this problem too, I use a bunch of mods and CC (all that I always check for conflicts/outdated with each patch and they were all fine) but I always test out an issue in a vanilla game by removing my entire mod folder. I noticed this happening to a sim that I remember having in my library/tray so I could dublicate the problem in a vanilla game. I placed him and his family in the world and yepp still there. As far as I could tell by a 5 min lookout in a park the other sims didn't have it (Tho I didn't check every single sim/some have hair covering their ears) Obviously this sim doesn't have CC or anything similar he was actually created CC free and uploaded to the gallery and in the image/thumbnail he has normal ears but in the world he has pointy ears. Feel free to download the family to test out in your game my origin is Knazysauce and family name is Martini.

Message 9 of 37 (7,529 Views)

★★★★ Novice

I'll test myself too later, right now i am busy making mothers day gifts.

Message 10 of 37 (7,527 Views)