[FIXED] [V] Grand Master Vampires can no longer compel Sims for a drink

by sparky1922

Original Post

Re: [OPEN] [V] Grand Master Vampires can no longer compel Sims for a drink

★★★★ Apprentice

Hi IrishMadCat

Apologies for not getting back for so long however I had so many game saves and tried to go through them all to find which ones would show the problem but in the end got so frustrated I started a new 4 folder and have not played vampires since because of it. If I start playing vampires again and it doe the same thing I will then know which game it is to send. 

I wish I had known exactly what I needed to do prior to asking for help. 

Message 31 of 46 (1,462 Views)

EA Live QV Team

@sparky1922 Sorry to hear you got frustrated. Thank you however for trying to find the saves. If the issue crops up again please let us know. 

Message 32 of 46 (1,456 Views)

★ Novice

I'm having this problem too. Is there any idea what's causing it at all? I have mods in my game but every vampire who isn't a grand master has a decent success/fail ratio with the deep drink and drain life spirit interactions. So I don't think it's a mod thing but I could be wrong. 

Message 33 of 46 (1,430 Views)

EA Live QV Team

@MarshJV Have you tried playing without the Mods to see if that has any impact on this behavior? What Mods are you using? 

Message 34 of 46 (1,421 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice

Hi michaelgodssll,

My game saves are so messed up on this issue would it be possible for you to send IrishMadCat your game saves where this problem is happening?  

Message 35 of 46 (1,381 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

@marshallvent Vampires have an extremely high failure rate with their compel powers if they're in the sun - even with sun resistance 3. Maybe try bringing them indoors or waiting until nightfall? I haven't had a single failure unless my vamp was in the sun or had daytime phobia.

Message 36 of 46 (1,363 Views)

EA Live QV Team

Hi all,

Is anyone happy to provide a save with this issue occurring? If so please upload your documents\electronicarts\thesims4\saves folder following the instruction here

Thank you for any info provided.

Message 37 of 46 (1,303 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice

Hi IrishMadCat

I have started a new game, no mods/cc but have added a master vampire fully skilled from the gallery to test if this problem remains and I did have a fail the first time I sent the vampire out into the forgotten hollow world to compel for a drink.

Before I test any further could you please let me know the circumstances in which a fail would be considered normal game-play or any scenarios where it could be likely the vampire may fail as this will save time for me by being able to avoid those circumstances I might otherwise think was a glitch. 

Apologies for not being around for awhile RL and running off to play other sims series for enjoyment purposes took over-)

Message 38 of 46 (1,236 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

@sparky1922

Here are the situations where failure is normal:

- If the vampire is in the Sun, powers will fail often (regardless of sun resistance)

- If there is garlic nearby, the vampire will often fail to drink

- If the target Sim (the one you're trying to drink from) has the vampire resistance cocktail, you won't be able to drink from him

Some people say that if your vampire has the daytime weakness, drinking will fail during the day. However, I don't see where that is tested. It's tested in the mind-powers scoring, but not with compelling sims for a drink.

Message 39 of 46 (1,229 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice

Thank You Hadron1776,

I will begin by testing these scenarios out (and others)  my vampires have never had the daytime weakness so I cannot speak to that. I do remember when this happened I has so many saved games I kept going back through them all but could never find what I thought was the right save to continue to test properly so this is why I have started a new folder to test-) 

Message 40 of 46 (1,221 Views)