[FIXED] [V] Grand Master Vampires can no longer compel Sims for a drink

by sparky1922

Original Post

Accepted Solution

[FIXED] [V] Grand Master Vampires can no longer compel Sims for a drink

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Apprentice

When vampires level up to Grand master they can no longer compel other sims to drain or drink sims act as if they are being asked polity and refuse. EA chat asked me to post here as they have said it is a bug. 

Message 1 of 46 (3,497 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: [OPEN] [V] Grand Master Vampires can no longer compel Sims for a drink

★★★★ Apprentice

Hi,

Irishmadcat and Hadron1776

I have tested for hours ( real life time) today with my new grand master vamp sim from the gallery so obviously I have not levelled up this vampire myself like I did with the others and so far after my vamps first fail in the daytime he has been able to compel at all times during the night hours in community lots, forgotten hollow world outside and in his own home so that is very satisfactory. He did fail one more time outdoors in sunlight as hadron1776 suggested might happen and I don't mind an infrequent fail but not at all times fails like it was before which is why I had to ask for help in the first place.

I do not wish for you to take any more time on this as hopefully it has righted itself and I really hope so as vamps are my favorite supernaturals and I love the compel for a drink interaction and did not want to lose it. If it happens again where the vamp cannot compel ever again would I be able to reopen this thread and ask for help again? 

View in thread

Message 42 of 46 (3,680 Views)

All Replies

Re: [TO TEST] [V] Grand Master Vampires can no longer compel Sims for a drink

Hero

Hi @sparky1922

does it only happen for Sims that have leveled up ?

I've tried with Vlad and he has no issues 

Maybe any traits ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 46 (3,378 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice

Hi crinrict

It appears it only happens at the Grand Master level as I only realised there was a problem when my own sim became a Grand Master. (not by any cheat )

I checked Vlad as he is also a Grand master and he can no longer compel either however Caleb and Lilith Vatore Master Vampires can still compel to drink so it seems to be some bug effecting Grand Masters only. EA told me it was a known bug but I am not sure if that means they are going to resolve it?

Also, do you know if couple vampires are supposed to exhibit shocked behaviour when the other one feeds and a drop-in relationship?

I also wondered if some of the relationships between my vamp sims and the sims he feeds off quite regularly had dropped too low and was possibly effecting the situation so I repaired relationships and tried again but that did not work either.

Message 3 of 46 (3,362 Views)

Hero

Yeah, seems a known issue although it's not happening for me. Very weird.

I'll add it to the list

When they drink from someone else ? I'm not sure but is one a good vampire ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 4 of 46 (3,351 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice

Hi crinrict

Thank you

At first I thought it was just me that had the problem but other people are coming onto the thread I started on the forum saying they are having the same problem now as well.

OMG lol re the Good vampire trait I am still so new to this pack and taking my time to learn everything but never considered this because I was just testing the couple/household re the compelling glitch without having played them before so apologies about that-)

Message 5 of 46 (3,345 Views)

Hero

I don't know either. Was just throwing an idea into the pot.

Maybe ask at the officials

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 6 of 46 (3,338 Views)

Re: [V] Grand Master Vampires can no longer compel Sims for a drink

Hero

@sparky1922 DId you complete the good vampire aspiration with the Vampire you're seeing this issue with ?

Also added

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 7 of 46 (3,290 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice

Hi crinrict,

No I didn't its effecting all grand master vampires with different aspirations and traits? Also, I did get an email from Sarah at EA but although I have replied to her email explaining the problem several times I got one back from her today saying as she has not heard from me she hopes the problem has cleared up but I have responded at least 3 times and one of them should have got through? I am panicking because I am worried I am not going to get help to sort it out as I am now unable to play vampires because of course they naturally gravitate up the scale to Grand Master.

Message 8 of 46 (3,272 Views)

Hero

It's a bug. There's nothing you can do

QA will have to find the cause of this issue and fix it in a new patch. That might take a while.

I was just asking since someone at the officials said it might be related to that aspiration and I myself wasn't affected by this bug.

So don't worry. It's an active open bug.

Just play them with plasma packs for now ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 9 of 46 (3,255 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice

Thanks crinrict,

Apologies as It's one of my favourite animations and I did not realise they would continue investigating I was really panicking that I would never be able to play it again.

Message 10 of 46 (3,245 Views)